Posted on 2018-01-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Giorgio Sanguinetti | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 420 | ISBN: 0195394208 | ISBN13: 9780195394207 |
Description: At the height of the Enlightenment, four conservatories in Naples stood at the center of European composition. Maestros taught their students to compose with unprecedented swiftness and elegance using the partimento, an instructional tool derived from the basso continuo that encouraged improvisation as the path to musical fluency. Although the practice vanished in the early nineteenth century, its legacy lived on in the music of the next generation. In The Art of Partimento, performer and music-historian Giorgio Sanguinetti chronicles the history of this long-forgotten Neapolitan art. Sanguinetti has painstakingly reconstructed the oral tradition that accompanied these partimento manuscripts, now scattered throughout Europe. Beginning with the origins of the partimento in the circles of Corelli, Pasquini, and Alessandro Scarlatti in Rome and tracing it through the peak of the tradition in Naples, The Art of Partimento gives a glimpse into the daily life and work of an eighteenth century composer. The Art of the Partimento is also a complete practical handbook to reviving the tradition today. Step by step, Sanguinetti guides the aspiring composer through elementary realization to more advanced exercises in diminution, imitation, and motivic coherence. Based on the teachings of the original masters, Sanguinetti challenges the reader to become a part of history, providing a variety of original partimenti in a range of genres, forms, styles, and difficulty levels along the way and allowing the student to learn the art of the partimento for themselves at their own pace. As both history and practical guide, The Art of Partimento presents a new and innovative way of thinking about music theory. Sanguinetti's unique approach unites musicology and music theory with performance, which allows for a richer and deeper understanding than any one method alone, and offers students and scholars of composition and music theory the opportunity not only to understand the life of this fascinating tradition, but to participate in it as well.
The Art of Partimento: History, Theory, and Practice.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35752
- 2017-03-25The Art of Partimento History, Theory, and Practice
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Art of Readable Code (Theory in Practice)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Occult Mind: Magic in Theory and Practice
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Deeper Dimension of Yoga: Theory and Practice - Removed
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The Art of Project Management (Theory in Practice (O'Reilly))
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The New Corporate Governance in Theory and Practice
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The Politics of Che Guevara: Theory and Practice
- 2017-04-08[PDF] The Artinian Intersystem Model: Integrating Theory and Practice for the Professional Nurse, Second Edition
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The New Corporate Governance in Theory and Practice
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Art of Power: Machiavelli, Nietzsche, and the Making of Aesthetic Political Theory
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Political Economy of Protection: Theory and the Chilean Experience (Social Science History)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Technique of Film and Video Editing: History, Theory, and Practice
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Deep Time of the Media: Toward an Archaeology of Hearing and Seeing by Technical Means (Electronic Culture: History, Theory, and Practice)
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Art of Chinese Management: Theory, Evidence and Applications
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Design: The History, Theory and Practice of Product Design
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Deep Time of the Media: Toward an Archaeology of Hearing and Seeing by Technical Means (Electronic Culture: History, Theory, and Practice)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Technique of Film and Video Editing: History, Theory, and Practice
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Art of Chinese Management: Theory, Evidence and Applications
- 2011-08-07Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.