Posted on 2018-01-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Julia F. Lowell | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 84 | ISBN: 0833038672 | ISBN13: 9780833038678 |
Description: State government spending on the arts is minimal and may be losing ground relative to other state expenditures. The authors examine efforts made by state arts agencies, or S.A.A.s, to address a changing political and fiscal environment and present their findings on the risks and rewards of bringing the arts and political worlds closer together. The U.S. system of state arts agencies (SAAs), conceived in the mid-1960s, was designed to increase local opportunities for state residents to participate in the arts, and to facilitate local control over public arts funding decisions. SAAs primary strategy for achieving these goals has been to award grants to arts organizations and artists in their states. By many measures, this approach has been successful: Professional artists and arts organizations can be found throughout the country, and state and local arts agencies now control the bulk of public-sector grant monies dedicated to the arts.
The Arts and State Governments: At Arm's Length or Arm in Arm?.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35779
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Involvement of State Governments in US Foreign Relations - Removed
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Arts and the Legal Academy: Beyond Text in Legal Education (Emerging Legal Education)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Arts and the Definition of the Human: Toward a Philosophical Anthropology
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Arts and Crafts Garden (Shire Library)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Late Modernism: Art, Culture, and Politics in Cold War America (The Arts and Intellectual Life in Modern America)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Portuguese Revolution: State and Class in the Transition to Democracy
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Scholar and the State: Fiction as Political Discourse in Late Imperial China
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Invention and Decline of Israeliness: State, Society, and the Military - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Toward a Simpler Way of Life: The Arts and Crafts Architects of California
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Imperial Security State: British Colonial Knowledge and Empire-Building in Asia (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Manifold Mirrors: The Crossing Paths of the Arts and Mathematics
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Closed Commercial State: Perpetual Peace and Commercial Society from Rousseau to Fichte
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Irish Welfare State in the Twenty-First Century: Challenges and Change - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Impact and Future of Arts and Humanities Research - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Born on the Island: The Galveston We Remember (Sara and John Lindsey Series in the Arts and Humanities)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Arts of Transitional Justice: Culture, Activism, and Memory after Atrocity (Springer Series in Transitional Justice) - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Paradata and Transparency in Virtual Heritage (Digital Research in the Arts and Humanities)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Making Money, Making Meaning: Directions for the Arts and Cultural Industries in the Creative Age
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Fine Artist's Career Guide, 2nd Edition: Making Money in the Arts and Beyond
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.