Posted on 2017-11-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Siobhan Dowling Long | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 372 | ISBN: 0810884518 | ISBN13: 9780810884519 |
Description: There have been numerous publications in the last decades on the Bible in literature, film, and art. But until now, no reference work has yet appeared on the Bible as it appears in Western music. In The Bible in Music: A Dictionary of Songs, Works, and More, scholars Siobhan Dowling Long and John F. A. Sawyer correct this gap in Biblical reference literature, providing for the first time a convenient guide to musical interpretations of the Bible. Alongside examples of classical music from the Middle Ages through modern times, Dowling Long and Sawyer also bring attention to the Bibleâ€™s impact on popular culture with numerous entries on hymns, spirituals, musicals, film music, and contemporary popular music. Each entry contains essential information about the original context of the work (date, composer, etc.) and, where relevant, its afterlife in literature, film, politics, and liturgy. It includes an index of biblical references and an index of biblical names, as well as a detailed timeline that brings to the fore key events, works and publications, placing them in their historical context. There is also a bibliography, a glossary of technical terms and an index of artists, authors, and composers. The Bible in Music will fascinate anyone familiar with the Bible, but it is also designed to encourage choirs, musicians, musicologists, lecturers, teachers, and students of music and religious education to discover and perform some less well-known pieces, as well as helping them to listen to familiar music with a fresh awareness of what it is about.
The Bible in Music: A Dictionary of Songs, Works, and More.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33193
- 2020-05-17The Bible in Music: A Dictionary of Songs, Works, and More
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Market System: What It Is, How It Works, and What To Make of It
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Genie Within: Your Subconcious Mind How It Works and How to Use It
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook: Cookies, Cakes, Candies, and More
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Hello Kitty Baking Book: Recipes for Cookies, Cupcakes, and More
- 2017-11-16[PDF] The Power of Specificity in Psychotherapy: When Therapy Works and When It Doesn't
- 2017-10-21[PDF] The Wilton Method of Cake Decorating Course II Flowers and More!
- 2017-10-14[PDF] The Very Best Of Recipes for Health: 250 Recipes and More from the Popular Feature on NYTimes.com
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The kid's guide to GPS- How it works and how it's used.: Engineering Adventures With The Global Positioning System
- 2012-06-04The Bible of Karate: Bubishi
- 2020-01-14The Bible in Music
- 2019-07-17#(Best) - Why You Should Read What Is the Bible?: How an Ancient Library of Poems, Letters, and Stories Can Transform the Way You Think and Feel About Everything by Rob Bell Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB] - Removed
- 2018-12-14The Bible in Music
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The University of Chicago Spanish Dictionary, Fifth Edition, Spanish-English, Englis: Universidad de Chicago Diccionario Espanol-Ingles, Ingles-Espanol (English and Spanish Edition) [Spanish]
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Bible on Location: Off the Beaten Path in Ancient and Modern Israel
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Hatred of Music (The Margellos World Republic of Letters)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Wagner Compendium, A Guide to Wagner's Life and Music
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.