Posted on 2018-01-18, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Isaac Nakhimovsky | Publisher: Princeton University Press | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 216 | ISBN: 0691148945 | ISBN13: 9780691148946 |
Description: Product Description: This book presents an important new account of Johann Gottlieb Fichte's Closed Commercial State, a major early nineteenth-century development of Rousseau and Kant's political thought. Isaac Nakhimovsky shows how Fichte reformulated Rousseau's constitutional politics and radicalized the economic implications of Kant's social contract theory with his defense of the right to work. Nakhimovsky argues that Fichte's sequel to Rousseau and Kant's writings on perpetual peace represents a pivotal moment in the intellectual history of the pacification of the West. Fichte claimed that Europe could not transform itself into a peaceful federation of constitutional republics unless economic life could be disentangled from the competitive dynamics of relations between states, and he asserted that this disentanglement required transitioning to a planned and largely self-sufficient national economy, made possible by a radical monetary policy. Fichte's ideas have resurfaced with nearly every crisis of globalization from the Napoleonic wars to the present, and his book remains a uniquely systematic and complete discussion of what John Maynard Keynes later termed "national self-sufficiency." Fichte's provocative contribution to the social contract tradition reminds us, Nakhimovsky concludes, that the combination of a liberal theory of the state with an open economy and international system is a much more contingent and precarious outcome than many recent theorists have tended to assume.
The Closed Commercial State: Perpetual Peace and Commercial Society from Rousseau to Fichte.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35430
- 2012-01-26The Closed Commercial State: Perpetual Peace and Commercial Society from Rousseau to Fichte
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Closed Commercial State
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Way of Serenity: Finding Peace and Happiness in the Serenity Prayer - Removed
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Sleep of Behemoth: Disputing Peace and Violence in Medieval Europe, 1000-1200
- 2017-04-06[PDF] The Shield of Achilles: War, Peace, and the Course of History
- 2017-02-08[PDF] The Shield of Achilles: War, Peace, and the Course of History
- 2016-12-27[PDF] The Way of Serenity: Finding Peace and Happiness in the Serenity Prayer
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Chinese Kitchen Garden: Growing Techniques and Family Recipes from a Classic Cuisine
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Lives of Scottish Women: Women and Scottish Society 1800-1980
- 2017-11-11[PDF] The Online Advertising Playbook: Proven Strategies and Tested Tactics from the Advertising Research Foundation
- 2017-11-08[PDF] The Archaeology of Prehistoric Arabia: Adaptation and Social Formation from the Neolithic to the Iron Age (Cambridge World Archaeology)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Ancient Hawaiian State: Origins of a Political Society
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Ancient Martyrdom Accounts of Peter and Paul (Writings from the Greco-Roman World)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Ancient Hawaiian State: Origins of a Political Society
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Portuguese Revolution: State and Class in the Transition to Democracy
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Imperial Security State: British Colonial Knowledge and Empire-Building in Asia (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Theory of Magnetism I: Statics and Dynamics (Springer Series in Solid-State Sciences) - Removed
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Irish Welfare State in the Twenty-First Century: Challenges and Change - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The nonequilibrium statistical mechanics of open and closed systems
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.