Posted on 2017-10-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John Parrington | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 0199688737 | ISBN13: 9780199688739 |
Description: Over a decade ago, as the Human Genome Project completed its mapping of the entire human genome, hopes ran high that we would rapidly be able to use our knowledge of human genes to tackle many inherited diseases, and understand what makes us unique among animals. But things didn't turn out that way. For a start, we turned out to have far fewer genes than originally thought - just over 20,000, the same sort of number as a fruit fly or worm. What's more, the proportion of DNA consisting of genes coding for proteins was a mere 2%. So, was the rest of the genome accumulated 'junk'? Things have changed since those early heady days of the Human Genome Project. But the emerging picture is if anything far more exciting. In this book, John Parrington explains the key features that are coming to light - some, such as the results of the international ENCODE programme, still much debated and controversial in their scope. He gives an outline of the deeper genome, involving layers of regulatory elements controlling and coordinating the switching on and off of genes the impact of its 3D geometry the discovery of a variety of new RNAs playing critical roles the epigenetic changes influenced by the environment and life experiences that can make identical twins different and be passed on to the next generation and the clues coming out of comparisons with the genomes of Neanderthals as well as that of chimps about the development of our species. We are learning more about ourselves, and about the genetic aspects of many diseases. But in its complexity, flexibility, and ability to respond to environmental cues, the human genome is proving to be far more subtle than we ever imagined.
The Deeper Genome: Why there is more to the human genome than meets the eye.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32738
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Deeper Genome: Why there is more to the human genome than meets the eye
- 2019-05-10The Deeper Genome Why there is more to the human genome than meets the eye
- 2019-03-18The Deeper Genome Why there is more to the human genome than meets the eye
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Zombies, Bananas and Why There Are No Economists in Heaven: The Economics of Real Life
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Eye of the Crocodile
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Eye and Visual Optical Instruments
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Eye of the I: From Which Nothing is Hidden
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Eye of Heaven (A Fargo Adventure)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Eye: The Physiology of Human Perception (Human Body (Rosen Educational Publishing))
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Eye Book: A Complete Guide to Eye Disorders and Health (A Johns Hopkins Press Health Book)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Eye of Minds (Mortality Doctrine, Book One) (The Mortality Doctrine)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Eye of God (Sigma Force)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Eye of the Storm: The View from the Centre of the Political Scandal
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Eye of the Abyss (Franz Schmidt, 1)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Eye of the Falcon (Gods and Warriors)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Eye of Zoltar: 3 (Last Dragonslayer)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Eye of Zoltar (The Chronicles of Kazam)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Eye of Shiva (The Project) (Volume 8)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Eye of Winter's Fury (DestinyQuest)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.