Posted on 2018-01-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: ohn Andreas Olsen and Martin Van Creveld | Category: Military Science | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 0199599483 | ISBN13: 9780199599486 |
Description: Broadly defined as the grey area between strategy and tactics, operational art spans the theory and practice of planning and conducting campaigns and major operations aimed at accomplishing strategic and operational objectives in a given theatre of operations. An intermediate link between strategy and tactics has always existed, but a distinct concept that encompasses a systematic and deliberate plan of campaign for major operations is a mere two hundred years old. Based on country specific case-studies, this book describes how the concepts that underpin operational art originated, how they received practical expression in various campaigns, and how they developed over time. The point of departure is the campaigns of 'the God of War', Napoleon Bonaparte. The book then proceeds with chapters on the evolution of operational art in Prussia / Germany, the Soviet Union / Russia, the United Kingdom, United States, Israel, and China. The final chapter deals with the future of operational art in irregular warfare. Theory is critical to refining and improving existing methods of applying operational warfare, and its importance cannot be overstated however, to be useful, theory and its accompanying vocabulary must be combined with a proper examination of historical trends and practical experience. The present volume attempts to achieve that combination. This book is a project of the Oxford Leverhulme Programme on the Changing Character of War.
The Evolution of Operational Art: From Napoleon to the Present.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34907
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Evolution of Operational Art: From Napoleon to the Present
- 2014-04-07The Evolution of Operational Art: From Napoleon to the Present
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Evolution of Operational Art, 1740-1813: From Frederick the Great to Napoleon (Military History and Policy)
- 2009-12-13The Evolution of Operational Art, 1740-1813: From Frederick the Great to Napoleon (Cass Series--Military History and Policy)
- 2011-12-11Moving the Enemy: Operational Art in the Chinese PLA's Huai Hai Campaign (Leavenworth Papers No. 22)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] 21st Century Ellis: Operational Art and Strategic Prophecy for the Modern Era
- 2017-11-15[PDF] A History of Japanese Art: From Prehistory to the Taisho Period (Tuttle Classics)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Native Paths: American Indian Art from the Collection of Charles and Valerie Diker
- 2018-01-18[PDF] How to Create Vector Art From Doodles
- 2017-10-08[PDF] How to Create Vector Art From Doodles
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Present and the Past in Medieval Irish Chronicles (Studies in Celtic History)
- 2012-06-04Tank Battles of the Mid-East Wars (2): The Wars Of 1973 To The Present (Concord 7009)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Napoleon and the Operational Art of War (History of Warfare)
- 2020-05-07Understanding Civil-Military Interaction: Lessons Learned from the Norwegian Model (Military Strategy and Operational Art)
- 2018-09-04Napoleon and the Operational Art of War (History of Warfare)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Art of Spray Paint: Inspirations and Techniques from Masters of Aerosol
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Evolution of Matter: From the Big Bang to the Present Day
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Art of Public Relations: CEOs from Edelman, Ruder Finn, Burson Marsteller & More on the Secrets to Landing New Clients, Developing Breakthrough ... and Your Firm to Clients (Inside the Minds)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Art of Being Free: How Alexis de Tocqueville Can Save Us from Ourselves - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.