Posted on 2017-12-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mark Bittman | Category: Cooking | Language: English | Page: 656 | ISBN: 1439120234 | ISBN13: 9781439120231 |
Description: From the award-winning champion of conscious eating and author of the bestselling Food Matters comes The Food Matters Cookbook, offering the most comprehensive and straightforward ideas yet for cooking easy, delicious foods that are as good for you as they are for the planet. The Food Matters Cookbook is the essential encyclopedia and guidebook to responsible eating, with more than 500 recipes that capture Bittmanâ€™s typically relaxed approach to everything in the kitchen. There is no finger-wagging here, just a no-nonsense and highly flexible case for eating more plants while cutting back on animal products, processed food, and of course junk. But for Bittman, flipping the ratio of your diet to something more virtuous and better for your body doesnâ€™t involve avoiding any foodsâ€”indeed, there is no sacrifice here. Since his own health prompted him to change his diet, Bittman has perfected cooking tasty, creative, and forward-thinking dishes based on vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Meat and other animal products are often includedâ€”but no longer as the centerpiece. In fact the majority of these recipes include fish, poultry, meat, eggs, or dairy, using them for their flavor, texture, and satisfying nature without depending on them for bulk. Roasted Pork Shoulder with Potatoes, Apples, and Onions and Linguine with Cherry Tomatoes and Clams are perfect examples. Many sound downright decadent: Pasta with Asparagus, Bacon, and Egg Stuffed Pizza with Broccoli, White Beans, and Sausage or Roasted Butternut Chowder with Apples and Bacon, for example. There are vegetarian recipes, too, and they have flair without being complicatedâ€”recipes like Beet Tartare, Lentil "Caviar" with All the Trimmings, Radish-Walnut Tea Sandwiches, and Succotash Salad. Bittman is a firm believer in snacking, but in the right way. Instead of packaged cookies or greasy chips, Bittman suggests Seasoned Popcorn with Grated Parmesan or Fruit and Cereal Bites. Nor does he skimp on desserts rather, he focuses on fruit, good-quality chocolate, nuts, and whole-grain flours, using minimal amounts of eggs, butter, and other fats. That allows for a whole chapter devoted to sweets, including Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies, Apricot Polenta Cake, Brownie Cake, and Coconut Tart with Chocolate Smear. True to the fuss-free style that has made him famous, Bittman offers plenty of variations and substitutions that let you take advantage of foods that are in seasonâ€”or those that just happen to be in the fridge. A quick-but-complete rundown on ingredients tells you how to find sustainable and flavorful meat and shop for dairy products, grains, and vegetables without wasting money on fancy organic labels. He indicates which recipes you can make ahead, those that are sure to become pantry staples, and which ones can be put together in a flash. And because Bittman is always comprehensive, he makes sure to include the building-block recipes for the basics of home cooking: from fast stocks, roasted garlic, pizza dough, and granola to pots of cooked rice and beans and whole-grain quick breads. With a tone that is easygoing and non-doctrinaire, Bittman demonstrates the satisfaction and pleasure in mindful eating. The result is not just better health for you, but for the world we all share.
The Food Matters Cookbook: 500 Revolutionary Recipes for Better Living.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34382
- 2013-02-07The Food Matters Cookbook: 500 Revolutionary Recipes for Better Living (Repost)
- 2011-11-04The Food Matters Cookbook: 500 Revolutionary Recipes for Better Living
- 2011-08-15The Food Matters Cookbook- 500 Revolutionary Recipes for Better Living By Mark Bittman
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Berghoff Cafe Cookbook: Berghoff Family Recipes for Simple, Satisfying Food
- 2020-12-08The Mediterranean Diet Cookbook 500 Wholesome Recipes for Healthy Eating and Weigh...
- 2020-12-05The Mediterranean Diet Cookbook 500 Wholesome Recipes for Healthy Eating and Weight Loss
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Ultimate Blender Cookbook: Fast, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Modern Ayurvedic Cookbook: Healthful, Healing Recipes for Life
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The Perfect Passover Cookbook: Family-Tested Recipes for Matzoh Ball Soup, Kugel, Haroset, and More, Plus 25 Desserts
- 2017-11-27[PDF] The Geeky Chef Cookbook: Real-Life Recipes for Your Favorite Fantasy Foods - Unofficial Recipes from Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and more
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Italian Vegetable Cookbook: 200 Favorite Recipes for Antipasti, Soups, Pasta, Main Dishes, and Desserts [Italian]
- 2017-11-08[PDF] The Frugal Foodie Cookbook: 200 Gourmet Recipes for Any Budget
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Autumn-Time Cookbook: Delicious Autumn Recipes for when the Leaves Change Colors
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook: 500 Vibrant, Kitchen-Tested Recipes for Living and Eating Well Every Day
- 2018-01-09[PDF] The Little Vegan Cookbook: 500 of the Best Vegan Recipes Ever
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Food Junctions Cookbook: Living Recipes for Social Innovation
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Farmstand Favorites Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes Celebrating Local, Farm-Fresh Food
- 2020-11-23The Anti Inflammatory Cookbook: 500 Healing Recipes to Fight Inflammation and Boost Your Immune System
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Good Housekeeping The Great Potluck Cookbook: Our Favorite Recipes for Carry-In Suppers, Brunch Buffets, Tailgate Parties & More!
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.