Posted on 2017-11-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Felicia Campbell | Category: Cooking | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 1449460828 | ISBN13: 9781449460822 |
Description: In the Arabian Gulf, just east of Saudi Arabia and across the sea from Iran, the kitchens of Oman are filled with the enticing, mysterious aroma of a spice bazaar: musky black limes, earthy cloves, warming cinnamon, cumin, and coriander all play against the comforting scent of simmering basmati rice. Beyond these kitchens, the rocky crags of Jabal Akhdar tower, palm trees sway along the coast of Salalah, sand dunes ripple across Sharqiyah, and the calls to prayer echo from minarets throughout urban Muscat. In The Food of Oman, American food writer Felicia Campbell invites readers to journey with her into home kitchens, beachside barbeques, royal weddings, and humble teashops. Discover with her the incredible diversity of flavours and cultures in the tiny Sultanate of Oman. Omani cuisine is rooted in a Bedouin culture of hospitality-using whatever is on hand to feed a wandering stranger or a crowd of friends-and is infused with the rich bounty of interloping seafarers and overland Arabian caravan traders who, over the centuries, brought with them the flavours of East Africa, Persia, Asia, and beyond. In Oman, familiar ingredients mingle in exciting new ways: Zanzibari biryani is scented with rosewater and cloves, seafood soup is enlivened with hot red pepper and turmeric, green bananas are spiked with lime, green chili, and coconut. The recipes in The Food of Oman offer cooks a new world of flavours, techniques, and inspiration, while the lush photography and fascinating stories provide an introduction to the culture of a people whose adventurous palates and deep love of feeding and being fed gave rise to this unparalleled cuisine.
The Food of Oman: Recipes and Stories from the Gateway to Arabia.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33178
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Simply Delicious Amish Cooking: Recipes and stories from the Amish of Sarasota, Florida (The Pinecraft Collection)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Dori Sanders' Country Cooking: Recipes and Stories from the Family Farm Stand
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Simply Delicious Amish Cooking: Recipes and stories from the Amish of Sarasota, Florida (The Pinecraft Collection)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Cooking with Italian Grandmothers: Recipes and Stories from Tuscany to Sicily
- 2021-04-05Mister Jiu's in Chinatown: Recipes and Stories from the Birthplace of Chinese American Food [A Cookbook]
- 2019-01-15New York a la Cart Recipes and Stories from the Big Apple's Best Food Trucks
- 2019-01-10New York a la Cart Recipes and Stories from the Big Apple's Best Food Trucks
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Truck Food Cookbook: 150 Recipes and Ramblings from America's Best Restaurants on Wheels
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Molly on the Range: Recipes and Stories from An Unlikely Life on a Farm - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Perfect Peach: Recipes and Stories from the Masumoto Family Farm
- 2018-01-03[PDF] LudoBites: Recipes and Stories from the Pop-Up Restaurants of Ludo Lefebvre
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Marc Forgione: Recipes and Stories from the Acclaimed Chef and Restaurant
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The B.T.C. Old-Fashioned Grocery Cookbook: Recipes and Stories from a Southern Revival
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Cuba!: Recipes and Stories from the Cuban Kitchen
- 2017-11-07[PDF] A Family Legacy of Great Home Cooks: Recipes and Stories from the R.N. Eaves Family Tree-1888 to 2015
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Kitchen Gypsy: Recipes and Stories from a Lifelong Romance with Food (Sunset)
- 2017-02-08[PDF] The B.T.C. Old-Fashioned Grocery Cookbook: Recipes and Stories from a Southern Revival
- 2016-12-27[PDF] LudoBites: Recipes and Stories from the Pop-Up Restaurants of Ludo Lefebvre
- 2021-04-06My Shanghai: Recipes and Stories from a City on the Water
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.