Posted on 2017-10-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Miryam Z. Wahrman | Publisher: ForeEdge | Category: Self-development | Language: English | Page: 248 | ISBN: 1611689171 | ISBN13: 9781611689174 |
Description: Handwashing, as part of basic hygiene, is a no-brainer. Whenever theres an outbreak of a contagious disease, we are advised that the first line of defense is proper handwashing. Nonetheless, many people, including healthcare workers, ignore this advice and routinely fail to wash their hands. Those who neglect to follow proper handwashing protocols put us at risk for serious diseaseand even death. In this well-researched book, Wahrman discusses the microbes that live among us, both benign and malevolent. She looks at how ancient cultures dealt with disease and hygiene and how scientific developments led to the germ theory, which laid the foundation for modern hygiene. She investigates hand hygiene in clinical settings, where lapses by medical professionals can lead to serious, even deadly, complications. She explains how microbes found on environmental surfaces can transmit disease and offers strategies to decrease transmission from person to person. The book's final chapter explores initiatives for grappling with ever more complex microbial issues, such as drug resistance and the dangers of residing in an interconnected world, and presents practical advice for hand hygiene and reducing infection. With chapters that conclude with handy reference lists, The Hand Book serves as a road map to safer hands and better hygiene and health. It is essential reading for the general public, healthcare professionals, educators, parents, community leaders, and politicians.
The Hand Book: Surviving in a Germ-Filled World.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32146
- 2017-12-09[PDF] The Hand of Mercy (A Porter Brown Journey Book 1)
- 2012-05-18The Hitler Book
- 2012-03-13Rudyard Kipling - The Jungle Book
- 2012-03-08The Complete Book of Drawing Techniques: A Complete Guide for the Artist by Peter Stanyer
- 2012-03-07Ted Gambordella - The Complete Book Of Wrist Locks
- 2011-11-24The Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments. How to Set Up a Home Laboratory. Over 200 Simple Experiments by Robert Brent
- 2011-09-11The Marvel Book of American Ships
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Flower Book
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Big Book of Science Fiction
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The DAM Book: Digital Asset Management for Photographers
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Color Book of Felted Crochet
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Neighbor - Book 1 (An Erotic Romance Series)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Penguin Book of Modern Speeches
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Arimathean: Book (Volume 2)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The MBR Book, Second Edition: Principles and Applications of Membrane Bioreactors for Water and Wastewater Treatment
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Real Book Of Blues
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Big Book of Marketing (Marketing/Sales/Adv & Promo)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Black Book,by James Patterson [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.