[PDF] The Imperial Security State: British Colonial Knowledge and Empire-Building in Asia (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
Posted on 2018-01-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Professor James Hevia | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 312 | ISBN: 0521896088 | ISBN13: 9780521896085 |
Description: The Imperial Security State explores an important but under-explored dimension of British imperialism - its information system and the close links between military knowledge and the maintenance of empire. James Hevia's innovative study focuses on route books and military reports produced by the British Indian Army military intelligence between 1880 and 1940. He shows that together these formed a renewable and authoritative archive that was used to train intelligence officers, to inform civilian policy makers and to provide vital information to commanders as they approached the battlefield. The strategic, geographical, political and ethnographical knowledge that was gathered not only framed imperial strategies towards colonised areas to the east but also produced the very object of intervention: Asia itself. Finally, the book addresses the long-term impact of the security regime, revealing how elements of British colonial knowledge have continued to influence contemporary tactics of counterinsurgency in twenty-first-century Iraq and Afghanistan.
The Imperial Security State: British Colonial Knowledge and Empire-Building in Asia (Critical Perspectives on Empire).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35497
- 2017-06-26The Imperial Security State British Colonial Knowledge and Empire-Building in Asia
- 2014-06-07The Imperial Security State: British Colonial Knowledge and Empire-Building in Asia (repost)
- 2012-12-23The Imperial Security State: British Colonial Knowledge and Empire-Building in Asia
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Imperial Russian Air Service Famous Pilots and Aircraft of World War One
- 2017-11-11[PDF] The Real War on Obesity: Contesting Knowledge and Meaning in a Public Health Crisis (Palgrave Studies in Science, Knowledge and Policy)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Business Savvy Project Manager: Indispensable Knowledge and Skills for Success
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Creating the National Security State: A History of the Law That Transformed America
- 2011-12-22"Future of the Nuclear Security Environment in 2015" ed. by Ashot A. Sarkisov and Rose Gottemoeller
- 2018-11-15The Fijian Colonial Experience A study of the neotraditional order under British colonial rule prior to World War II
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Imperial Cult in the Latin West: Studies in the Ruler Cult of the Western Provinces of the Roman Empire (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Portuguese Revolution: State and Class in the Transition to Democracy
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Neo-liberal State
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Lost World of British Communism
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Race to Commercialize Biotechnology: Molecules, Market and the State in Japan and the US (Nissan Institute/Routledge Japanese Studies)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Imperial Capitals of China: A Dynastic History of the Celestial Empire
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Rhetorical Nature of XML: Constructing Knowledge in Networked Environments
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Cambridge History of British Theatre 3 Volume Hardback Set
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Emperor's New Mathematics: Western Learning and Imperial Authority During the Kangxi Reign (1662-1722)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Imperial Cruise: A Secret History of Empire and War
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.