[PDF] The Moral World of James: Setting the Epistle in its Greco-Roman and Judaic Environments (Studies in Biblical Literature)
Posted on 2018-01-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: James Riley Strange | Category: Christianity | Language: English | Page: 237 | ISBN: 143310881X | ISBN13: 9781433108815 |
Description: In The Moral World of James, James Riley Strange compares the moral system in the Epistle of James with other Greco-Roman and Judaic texts. The author of the epistle prescribed moral practices in a world in which other people, both pagan and Jewish, had long been expressing similar concerns, and more would continue to take up the task centuries after Christianity was well established in the Roman Empire. In this fresh and thick analysis, Strangeâ€™s systemic comparison of texts (among them works of Plato, Plutarch, Epictetus, and Aelius Aristides, as well as Greek Magical Papyri, tractates of the Mishnah, and the Community Rule of the Dead Sea Scrolls) reveals how Jamesâ€™s vision of a distinctive way of community life was both part of and distinct from the moral and religious systems among which it emerged.
The Moral World of James: Setting the Epistle in its Greco-Roman and Judaic Environments (Studies in Biblical Literature).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35796
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Integrals of Lebesgue, Denjoy, Perron, and Henstock (Graduate Studies in Mathematics, 4)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Spartan Regime: Its Character, Origins, and Grand Strategy (Yale Library of Military History)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Indian Tipi: Its History, Construction, and Use, 2nd Edition
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Expression of Emotion: Philosophical, Psychological and Legal Perspectives (Studies in Emotion and Social Interaction)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Domestication of Derrida: Rorty, Pragmatism and Deconstruction (Bloomsbury Studies in Continental Philos)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Evolutionary Emergence of Language: Evidence and Inference (Oxford Studies in the Evolution of Language)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Dutch Republic: Its Rise, Greatness, and Fall 1477-1806 (Oxford History of Modern Europe)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Political Geography of Inequality: Regions and Redistribution (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Engineering Project: Its Nature, Ethics, and Promise
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Rediscovery of Jewish Christianity: From Toland to Baur (Society of Biblical Literature)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] The Material Imagination: Reveries on Architecture and Matter (Ashgate Studies in Architecture) (Ashgate Studies in Architecture Series)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] The Myanmar Economy: Its Past, Present and Prospects - Removed
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Engineering Project: Its Nature, Ethics, and Promise
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Evolutionary Emergence of Language: Evidence and Inference (Oxford Studies in the Evolution of Language)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Dutch Republic: Its Rise, Greatness, and Fall 1477-1806 (Oxford History of Modern Europe)
- 2017-12-19The Frankfurt School; Its History, Theories, and Political Significance (Studies in Contemporary German Social Thought)
- 2009-08-10The City in the Valley: Biblical Interpretation and Urban Theology (Studies in Biblical Literature)
- 2021-01-13The Moral World of James
- 2013-05-14The Moral World of James (Studies in Biblical Literature)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.