Posted on 2017-11-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Roy Blokker | Publisher: Associated Univ Pr | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 192 | ISBN: 0838619487 | ISBN13: 9780838619483 |
Description: This entirely new series explores the sound-worlds of the great composers, with special reference to modem interpretations on disc. Each volume is designed to provide a key to understanding further the composer's individual sound. How that sound is achieved, its link with past and present, the extent to which it mirrors the man himself, are all described in clear, unacademic terms with a host of musical examples. A valuable appendix lists the great performances on record, noting points of detail where appropriate. There have been few Twentieth-century composers as universally admired as Dmitri Shostakovich, with his special ability to write music which appeals directly to the emotions without sacrificing artistic integrity in any way. His championship, also, of the symphonic form-throu,ghout a century devoted to seeking new musical forms and often deliberately turning its back on the inheritance from the past-is of particular interest, especially when considered against the turbulent political and historical background of Soviet Russia, to which Shostakovich's works were both a reaction and monument. By first drawing a picture of the events which shaped Shostakovich's career, and then discussing the resultant symphonies in detail, the authors make a persuasive case for Shostakovich henceforth being considered the greatest (and most accessible) symphonist of the Twentieth century.
The Music of Dmitri Shostakovich, the Symphonies (The great composers series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33770
- 2012-05-20Heinkel HE 60 (The Luftwaffe Profile Series No.7)
- 2012-05-19Focke-wulf Ta 154 (The Luftwaffe Profile Series No.12)
- 2012-05-17Afghanistan: A Military History From Alexander The Great To The Fall Of The Taliban
- 2012-03-12David Darom - The Great Collections: Modern Custom Knives
- 2011-11-04The Skeptic s Guide to the Great Books [The Great Courses]
- 2011-10-03China, India, and the United States: The Future of Economic Supremacy" [The Great Courses]
- 2011-09-28The Myths of Nutrition and Fitness [The Great Courses]
- 2011-08-31Roman's Lab Vol. 34 - Mastering The Opening Forum Series: The Nimzo Indian Defense
- 2011-08-31Roman's Lab Vol. 33 - Mastering The Opening Forum Series, Crushing Lines for White - Removed
- 2011-08-30Roman's Lab Vol. 31 - Mastering The Opening Forum Series, A Repertoire For Black Part 1
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Great Escape (Upchuck and the Rotten Willy)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Great Debate: Edmund Burke, Thomas Paine, and the Birth of Right and Left
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Great Wall of China
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Great Boer War
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Great Civilized Conversation: Education for a World Community
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Great Train Robbery and the Metropolitan Police Flying Squad
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Great Financial Meltdown: Systemic, Conjunctural or Policy-Created? (New Directions in Modern Economics series)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Great Scavenger Hunt (Beacon Street Girls #15)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Great Courses: Books that Matter: The Analects of Confucius [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.