Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Raymond Plant | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 0199650578 | ISBN13: 9780199650576 |
Description: The aim of the book is two-fold. First of all it is to provide a fair, complete and analytical account of the Neo-liberal conception of the role and function of the state in modern society. The second aim is to provide a critical assessment of some of the central elements of this conception. The book will look at the emphasis of Neo-liberals on procedural and rule governed approaches to the role of the state rather than outcome or end state views of the role of government and to consider how this conception of politics relates to issues such as the rule of law, freedom, justice, rights, the relationship to the market economy, to civil society and to look at the role of government in relation to the provision of welfare and public sector services more generally. It builds up the Neo-liberal case in respect of these aspects of modern society by drawing upon the works of central Neo-liberal thinkers such as Hayek, Mises, Menger, as well as thinkers such as Oakeshott, Nozick and Rotbard who are not directly Neo-liberals but whose works have been important for the development of central Neo-liberal themes. The second part of the book provides what might be regarded as an immanent critique of the Neo-liberal case built up in the first part of the study. It takes Neo-liberal ideas very seriously and shows how incoherences arise within and between those ideas such that a plausible form of Neo-liberalism as opposed to Libertarianism on the one hand and Social Democracy on the other is very difficult to state. The theme of this book is very germane given the considerable debate which is now taking place in the context of the world financial crisis about the appropriate role for the state. My Link
The Neo-liberal State.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35828
- 2010-05-05The Neo-Liberal State
- 2010-05-05The Neo-Liberal State
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Activation or Workfare? Governance and the Neo-Liberal Convergence (International Policy Exchange Series)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Agriculture, Peasantry and Poverty in Turkey in the Neo-Liberal Age
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Activation or Workfare? Governance and the Neo-Liberal Convergence (International Policy Exchange Series)
- 2020-04-24Activation or Workfare? Governance and the Neo-Liberal Convergence (International Policy Exchange)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Portuguese Revolution: State and Class in the Transition to Democracy
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Arts and State Governments: At Arm's Length or Arm in Arm?
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Jalayirids: Dynastic State Formation in the Mongol Middle East
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Imperial Security State: British Colonial Knowledge and Empire-Building in Asia (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Closed Commercial State: Perpetual Peace and Commercial Society from Rousseau to Fichte
- 2018-01-17[PDF] The Involvement of State Governments in US Foreign Relations - Removed
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Irish Welfare State in the Twenty-First Century: Challenges and Change - Removed
- 2018-01-07[PDF] The Limousine Liberal: How an Incendiary Image United the Right and Fractured America
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Memory of State Terrorism in the Southern Cone: Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The Conservative Nanny State: How the Wealthy Use the Government to Stay Rich and Get Richer
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Oxford Solid State Basics
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The White Welfare State: The Racialization of U.S. Welfare Policy
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Patellofemoral Joint: State of the Art in Evaluation and Management - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.