Posted on 2018-01-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Sandra M. Bucerius and Michael Tonry | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 960 | ISBN: 0199859019 | ISBN13: 9780199859016 |
Description: Social tensions between majority and minority populations often center on claims that minorities are largely responsible for crime and disorder. Members of some disadvantaged groups in all developed countries, sometimes long-standing residents and other times recent immigrants, experience unwarranted disparities in their dealings with the criminal justice system. Accusations of unfair treatment by police and courts are common. The Oxford Handbook of Ethnicity, Crime, and Immigration provides comprehensive analyses of current knowledge about these and a host of related subjects. Topics include legal and illegal immigration, ethnic and race relations, and discrimination and exclusion, and their links to crime in the United States and elsewhere. Leading scholars from sociology, criminology, law, psychology, geography, and political science document and explore relations among race, ethnicity, immigration, and crime. Individual chapters provide in-depth critical overviews of key issues, controversies, and research. Contributors present the historical backdrops of their subjects, describe population characteristics, and summarize relevant data and research findings. Most articles provide synopses of racial, ethnic, immigration, and justice-related concerns and offer policy recommendations and proposals for future research. Some articles are case studies of particular problems in particular places, including juvenile incarceration, homicide, urban violence, social exclusion, and other issues disproportionately affecting disadvantaged minority groups. The Oxford Handbook of Ethnicity, Crime, and Immigration is the first major effort to examine and synthesize knowledge concerning immigration and crime, ethnicity and crime, and race and crime in one volume, and does so both for the United States and for many other countries.
The Oxford Handbook of Ethnicity, Crime, and Immigration (Oxford Handbooks).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35297
- 2016-12-20The Oxford Handbook of Ethnicity, Crime, and Immigration
- 2017-12-04[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of International Crime and Justice Studies (Routledge International Handbooks)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of International Crime and Justice Studies (Routledge International Handbooks)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of Sustainable Food and Gastronomy (Routledge Handbooks)
- 2019-12-23The Handbook of Race, Ethnicity, Crime, and Justice (Wiley Handbooks in Criminology and Criminal Justice)
- 2020-05-06The Routledge Handbook of Technology, Crime and Justice (Routledge International Handbooks)
- 2018-08-09The Routledge Handbook of Technology, Crime and Justice
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Palgrave Handbook of Sound Design and Music in Screen Media: Integrated Soundtracks - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Palgrave Handbook of Age Diversity and Work - Removed
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Boundaries of Eros: Sex Crime and Sexuality in Renaissance Venice (Studies in the History of Sexuality)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The ETF Handbook: How to Value and Trade Exchange Traded Funds (Wiley Finance)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Sponsorship Handbook: Essential Tools, Tips and Techniques for Sponsors and Sponsorship Seekers
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of Attachment: Implications and Interventions
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The SAGE Handbook of Regression Analysis and Causal Inference
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The SAGE Handbook of Digital Dissertations and Theses
- 2017-11-21[PDF] The Transnational Dimension of Cyber Crime and Terrorism (Studies of Nationalities)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The SAGE Handbook of Personality Theory and Assessment: Personality Measurement and Testing (Volume 2)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] The Tainted Trust: A Douglass Crime And Romance Thriller Series (The King Trilogy Book 2)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of American Military and Diplomatic History: The Colonial Period to 1877 (Routledge Handbooks)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.