Posted on 2018-01-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Thomas Heberer | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 208 | ISBN: 0415597021 | ISBN13: 9780415597029 |
Description: This book aims to make sense of the recent reform of neighbourhood institutions in urban China. It builds on the observation that the late 1990s saw a comeback of the state in urban China after the increased economization of life in the 1980s had initially forced it to withdraw. Based on several months of fieldwork in locations ranging from poor and dilapidated neighbourhoods in Shenyang City to middle class gated communities in Shenzhen, the authors analyze recent attempts by the central government to enhance stability in Chinas increasingly volatile cities. In particular, they argue that the central government has begun to restructure urban neighbourhoods, and has encouraged residents to govern themselves by means of democratic procedures. Heberer and Gbel also contend that whilst on the one hand, the central government has managed to bring the Party-state back into urban society, especially by tapping into a range of social groups that depend on it, it has not, however, managed to establish a broad base for participation. In testing this hypothesis, the book examines the rationales, strategies and impacts of this comeback by systematically analyzing how the reorganization of neighbourhood committees was actually conducted and find that opportunities for participation were far more limited than initially promised. The book will be of interest to students and scholars of Chinese Studies, Development Studies, Urban Studies and Asian Studies in general.
The Politics of Community Building in Urban China (Chinese Worlds).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35308
- 2016-12-22The Politics of Community Building in Urban China
- 2017-10-16[PDF] The Art of Community: Building the New Age of Participation (Theory in Practice)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Politics of Technology in Africa: Communication, Development, and Nation-Building in Ethiopia
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Emergence of Minorities in the Middle East: The Politics of Community in French Mandate Syria
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Modernist Fiction, Cosmopolitanism and the Politics of Community
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Rise and Fall of an Urban Sexual Community: Malate (Dis)placed
- 2017-04-07[PDF] The Politics of Air Pollution: Urban Growth, Ecological Modernization, and Symbolic Inclusion (Suny Series in Global Environmental Policy)
- 2011-11-21The Politics of Child Sexual Abuse: Emotion, Social Movements, and the State
- 2018-07-14Kropotkin The Politics of Community
- 2018-07-11Kropotkin: The Politics of Community
- 2018-06-03Kropotkin The Politics of Community
- 2018-05-10The Politics of Nation-Building Making Co-Nationals, Refugees and Minorities
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Politics of Expertise: Competing for Authority in Global Governance (Configurations: Critical Studies of World Politics)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Politics of Misrecognition (Rethinking Political and International Theory)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Politics of Islamic Law: Local Elites, Colonial Authority, and the Making of the Muslim State
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Timeless Way of Building
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Politics of the Past in an Argentine Working-Class Neighbourhood (Anthropological Horizons)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Politics of Bitcoin: Software as Right-Wing Extremism (Forerunners: Ideas First)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Politics of Policy in Boys' Education: Getting Boys 'Right'
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.