[PDF] The Quantum Moment: How Planck, Bohr, Einstein, and Heisenberg Taught Us to Love Uncertainty [Audiobook]
Posted on 2018-01-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Robert P. Crease, Alfred Scharff Goldhaber | Category: Audio Books | Language: English | Page: 0 | ISBN: e2a1e6b9d4db40de932b6f56913c153a |
Description: The fascinating story of how quantum mechanics went mainstream. The discovery of the quantum - the idea, born in the early 1900s in a remote corner of physics, that energy comes in finite packets instead of infinitely divisible quantities - planted a rich set of metaphors in the popular imagination. Quantum imagery and language now bombard us like an endless stream of photons. Phrases such as multiverse, quantum leap, alternate universe, the uncertainty principle, and Schrodinger's cat get reinvented continually in cartoons and movies, coffee mugs and T-shirts, and fiction and philosophy - phrases reinterpreted by each new generation of artists and writers. Is a quantum leap big or small? How uncertain is the uncertainty principle? Is this barrage of quantum vocabulary pretentious and wacky or a fundamental shift in the way we think? All of the above, say Robert P. Crease and Alfred Scharff Goldhaber in this groundbreaking book. The authors - one a philosopher, the other a physicist - draw on their training and six years of co-teaching to dramatize the quantum's rocky path from scientific theory to public understanding. Together, they and their students explored missteps, mistranslations, jokes, and gibberish in public discussions of the quantum. Their book - The Quantum Moment - explores the quantum's manifestations in everything from art and sculpture to the prose of John Updike and David Foster Wallace. The authors reveal the quantum's implications for knowledge, metaphor, intellectual exchange, and the contemporary world. Understanding and appreciating quantum language and imagery, and recognizing its misuse, is part of what it means to be an educated person today. The result is a celebration of language at the interface of physics and culture, perfect for anyone drawn to the infinite variety of ideas.
The Quantum Moment: How Planck, Bohr, Einstein, and Heisenberg Taught Us to Love Uncertainty [Audiobook].pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35481
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Quantum Moment: How Planck, Bohr, Einstein, and Heisenberg Taught Us to Love Uncertainty [Audiobook]
- 2017-10-19[PDF] The Quantum Moment: How Planck, Bohr, Einstein, and Heisenberg Taught Us to Love Uncertainty
- 2017-02-09[PDF] The Quantum Moment: How Planck, Bohr, Einstein, and Heisenberg Taught Us to Love Uncertainty
- 2020-07-18The Quantum Moment: How Planck, Bohr, Einstein, and Heisenberg Taught Us to Love Uncertainty
- 2016-07-03The Quantum Moment How Planck, Bohr, Einstein, and Heisenberg Taught Us to Love Uncertainty
- 2017-11-14[PDF] The Quantum Rules: How the Laws of Physics Explain Love, Success, and Everyday Life
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Crisis Conundrum: How To Reconcile Economy And Society - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Weight Escape: How to Stop Dieting and Start Living
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Mandala Guidebook: How to Draw, Paint and Color Expressive Mandala Art - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Activation Imperative: How to Build Brands and Business by Inspiring Action
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Responsible Entrepreneur: How to Make Money and Make a Difference
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living: A Guide to ACT
- 2017-12-14[PDF] The Versatile Shed: How To Build, Renovate and Customize Your Bonus Space
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Long Game: How Obama Defied Washington and Redefined America s Role in the World
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The CEO Difference: How to Climb, Crawl, and Leap Your Way to the Next Level of Your Career
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Geospatial Web: How Geobrowsers, Social Software and the Web 2.0 are Shaping the Network Society (Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing) - Removed
- 2017-12-06[PDF] The Jerky Bible: How to Dry, Cure, and Preserve Beef, Venison, Fish, and Fowl
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Killer Instinct: How To Master It And Achieve Anything That You Want
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Amateur Gourmet: How to Shop, Chop, and Table Hop Like a Pro (Almost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.