Posted on 2017-11-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Tani E. Barlow | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 496 | ISBN: 0822332817 | ISBN13: 9780822332817 |
Description: The Question of Women in Chinese Feminism is a history of ideas about women in twentieth-century China. Tani E. Barlow tracks the categories that Chinese intellectuals have developed to think about women and connects these paradigms to transnational debates about eugenics, gender, sexuality, and the psyche. Contending that Chinese feminism has a basis in eugenicist thought, Barlow describes how the emergence of social science perspectives during the 1920s lent the liberation of Chinese women an urgency by suggesting that women should choose their own sexual partners the health of the nation, it was argued, depended in part on the biological mechanisms of natural selection. Barlow demonstrates that feminism has been integral to thinking about the nation and development in China. At the same time, she shows that Chinese feminism both borrowed from and contributed to emerging feminist formations around the world. Bringing together social theory, psychoanalytic thought, the ethics of mass movements, literary criticism, and revolutionary political ideologies, Barlow reveals how Chinese feminist theory changed in response to the social upheavals of colonial modernity, revolution, modernization, and market socialism. She discusses prominent Chinese feminists, including the fiction writer Ding Ling, who was, for more than fifty years, a leading revolutionary the early-twentieth-century theorist Gao Xian the literary scholar Li Xiaojiang, a major proponent of women's studies and the contemporary film and cultural critic Dai Jinhua. Barlow's exploration of Chinese feminism provides an in-depth examination of one of the most compelling and significant feminist movements in modern history.
The Question of Women in Chinese Feminism (Next Wave: New Directions in Women's Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33687
- 2017-11-22[PDF] The Question of Women in Chinese Feminism (Next Wave: New Directions in Women's Studies)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Gut Feminism (Next Wave: New Directions in Women's Studies)
- 2020-04-30Gut Feminism (Next Wave: New Directions in Women's Studies)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Gift of Freedom: War, Debt, and Other Refugee Passages (Next Wave: New Directions in Women's Studies)
- 2019-01-03Considering Emma Goldman Feminist Political Ambivalence and the Imaginative Archive (Next Wave New Directions in Women's Studies)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Great Financial Meltdown: Systemic, Conjunctural or Policy-Created? (New Directions in Modern Economics series)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Political Economy of Financing Scottish Government: Considering a New Constitutional Settlement for Scotland (Studies in Fiscal Federalism and State-Local Finance)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Body in Pain in Irish Literature and Culture (New Directions in Irish and Irish American Literature) - Removed
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Applicability of Mathematics in Science: Indispensability and Ontology (New Directions in the Philosophy of Science) - Removed
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Orgasmology (Next Wave: New Directions in Women's Studies)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Theorizing NGOs: States, Feminisms, and Neoliberalism (Next Wave: New Directions in Women's Studies)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Applicability of Mathematics in Science: Indispensability and Ontology (New Directions in the Philosophy of Science)
- 2012-01-22Transnational America: Feminisms, Diasporas, Neoliberalisms (Next Wave: New Directions in Women’s Studies) - Inderpal Grewal
- 2011-08-22Transnational America: Feminisms, Diasporas, Neoliberalisms (Next Wave: New Directions in Women's Studies)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Language and Iconography of Chinese Charms: Deciphering a Past Belief System (English and Chinese Edition) - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Modern Chinese Literatures (Oxford Handbooks)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Miseducation of Women
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Complete Little Women Series: Little Women, Good Wives, Little Men, Jo's Boys: The Beloved Classics of American Literature
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Manual: What Women Want and How to Give It to Them
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.