Posted on 2017-12-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jennifer Welsh | Publisher: House of Anansi Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1487001304 | ISBN13: 9781487001308 |
Description: In 1989, as the Berlin Wall crumbled and the Cold War dissipated, the American political commentator Francis Fukuyama wrote a famous essay, entitled ?The End of History.â€ Fukuyama argued that the demise of the confrontation between Communism and capitalism, and the expansion of Western liberal democracy, signaled the endpoint of humanityâ€™s sociocultural and political evolution, the waning of traditional power politics, and the path toward a more peaceful world. At the heart of his thesis was the audaciously optimistic idea of ?progressâ€ in history. But a quarter of a century after Fukuyamaâ€™s bold prediction about transcending the struggles of the past, history has returned. The twenty-first century has not seen unfettered progress toward peace and a single form of government, but the reappearance of trends and practices many believed had been erased: arbitrary executions, attempts to annihilate ethnic and religious minorities, the starvation of besieged populations, invasion and annexation of territory, and the mass movement of refugees and displaced persons. This book will both illustrate and explain this return of history, and it will also argue how the reappearance of things deemed ?barbaricâ€ or ?medievalâ€ has a modern twist.
The Return of History: Conflict, Migration, and Geopolitics in the Twenty-First Century.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34333
- 2020-05-11The Return of History: Conflict, Migration, and Geopolitics in the Twenty-First Century (CBC Massey Lectures)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Twenty-first Century African American Novel and the Critique of Whiteness in Everyday Life: Blackness as Strategy for Social Change
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Twenty-First-Century Media Industry: Economic and Managerial Implications in the Age of New Media (Studies in New Media)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Twenty-First Century Commercial Space Imperative - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Great Leveler: Violence and the History of Inequality from the Stone Age to the Twenty-First Century (The Princeton Economic History of the Western World)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Heart of War: On Power, Conflict and Obligation in the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Price of Freedom Denied: Religious Persecution and Conflict in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Presence: Philosophy, History, and Cultural Theory for the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Transnational Japan as History: Empire, Migration, and Social Movements (Anthropology, Change and Development) - Removed
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The Heart of War: On Power, Conflict and Obligation in the Twenty-first Century
- 2022-07-21Ireland and migration in the twenty-first century
- 2021-12-30Writing Architectural History Evidence and Narrative in the Twenty-First Century
- 2021-12-12A Brief History of the Future A Brave and Controversial Look at the Twenty-first Century [Audiobook]
- 2021-04-23Race and Displacement: Nation, Migration, and Identity in the Twenty First Century
- 2020-12-19Presence Philosophy, History, and Cultural Theory for the Twenty-First Century
- 2020-06-25Development Economics in the Twenty-First Century (Perspectives in Economic and Social History)
- 2020-01-02The Great Leveler: Violence and the History of Inequality from the Stone Age to the Twenty-First Century (The Princeton Economic History of the Western World)
- 2019-08-23French Fiction into the Twenty-First Century The Return to the Story (French and Francophone Stud...
- 2018-10-08The Price of Freedom Denied Religious Persecution and Conflict in the Twenty-First Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.