Posted on 2018-01-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Richard W. Sears | Category: Buddhism | Language: English | Page: 198 | ISBN: 1137563702 | ISBN13: 9781137563705 |
Description: At the heart of this book is one of the most ancient and profound question philosophers, spiritual seekers, and curious individuals have pondered since the beginning of history: Who am I?. Advances in modern science, and access to Zen tradition, have provided us with broader and richer understanding of this topic. Over the chapters the author, a psychologist and Zen master, investigates how the brain fosters a sense of an independent self, situating his research in the contexts of neuroscience, ecology, evolution, psychology, and of the principles Eastern wisdom traditions. The book explores a broad range of insights from brain science, evolutionary biology, astronomy, clinical psychology, thoughts and emotions, mental health disorders, and Zen Buddhism. This book will appeal to psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, counsellors, and researchers of Eastern traditions. General readers interested in the functioning of the brain will discover practical ways to integrate fascinating new findings on an age-old question into their everyday life.
The Sense of Self: Perspectives from Science and Zen Buddhism.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35758
- 2020-05-05The Sense of Self: Perspectives from Science and Zen Buddhism
- 2012-03-13Bill Underwood - Combato The Art Of Self-Defence for Soldier and Civilian (Men & Women)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Philosophy of Systems Biology: Perspectives from Scientists and Philosophers (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Education and the Growth of Knowledge: Perspectives from Social and Virtue Epistemology (Journal of Philosophy of Education)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Terrane Puzzle: New Perspectives on Paleontology and Stratigraphy from the North American Cordillera (Special Paper (Geological Society of America))
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The computer revolution in philosophy: Philosophy, science, and models of mind (Harvester studies in cognitive science)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Money Formula: Dodgy Finance, Pseudo Science, and How Mathematicians Took Over the Markets
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Spiritual History of Ice: Romanticism, Science and the Imagination
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The New Martians: A Scientific Novel (Science and Fiction) - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Geek Atlas: 128 Places Where Science and Technology Come Alive
- 2018-01-10[PDF] The Basal Ganglia: Novel Perspectives on Motor and Cognitive Functions (Innovations in Cognitive Neuroscience) - Removed
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Principles of Miniaturized ExtraCorporeal Circulation: From Science and Technology to Clinical Practice - Removed
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Rye Baker: Classic Breads from Europe and America
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Trouble with Nature: Sex in Science and Popular Culture
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Protos Mandate: A Scientific Novel (Science and Fiction)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The People's Peking Man: Popular Science and Human Identity in Twentieth-Century China
- 2017-10-29[PDF] The Strength of Self-Acceptance: Theory, Practice and Research
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Caloris Network: A Scientific Novel (Science and Fiction) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.