Posted on 2017-11-05, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ted Bishop | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 400 | ISBN: 0670068616 | ISBN13: 9780670068616 |
Description: A rich and imaginative discovery of how ink has shaped culture and why it is here to stay Ink is so much a part of daily life that we take it for granted, yet its invention was as significant as the wheel. Ink not only recorded culture, it bought political power, divided peoples, and led to murderous rivalries. Ancient letters on a page were revered as divine light, and precious ink recipes were held secret for centuries. And, when it first hit markets not so long ago, the excitement over the disposable ballpoint pen equalled that for a new smartphoneâ€”with similar complaints to the manufacturers. Curious about its impact on culture, literature, and the course of history, Ted Bishop sets out to explore the story of ink. From Budapest to Buenos Aires, he traces the lives of the innovators who created the ballpoint penâ€”revolutionary technology that still requires exact engineering today. Bishop visits a ranch in Utah to meet a master ink-maker who relishes igniting linseed oil to make traditional printersâ€™ ink. In China, he learns that ink can be an exquisite object, the subject of poetry, and a means of strengthening (or straining) family bonds. And in the Middle East, he sees the worldâ€™s oldest Qurâ€™an, stained with the blood of the caliph who was assassinated while reading it. An inquisitive and personal tour around the world, The Social Life of Ink asks us to look more closely at something we see so often that we donâ€™t see it at all.
The Social Life of Ink: Culture Wonder And Our Relationship With The Written Word.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33167
- 2020-06-26The Social Life of Ink: Culture Wonder And Our Relationship With The Written Word
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Diet Recovery: Restoring Hormonal Health, Metabolism, Mood, and Your Relationship with Food
- 2017-10-18[PDF] The Social Life of DNA: Race, Reparations, and Reconciliation After the Genome
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Spoken Word: Oral Culture in Britain, 1500-1850
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Medical Medium Life-Changing Foods: Save Yourself and the Ones You Love with the Hidden Healing Powers of Fruits & Vegetables
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Answers to Life's Problems: Guidance, Inspiration and Hope for the Challenges of Today
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Make Your Own Lunch: How to Live an Epically Epic Life through Work, Travel, Wonder, and (Maybe) College
- 2017-11-23[PDF] There Is Life After College: What Parents and Students Should Know About Navigating School to Prepare for the Jobs of Tomorrow - Removed
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Origins of Life, Second Edition: On Earth and in the Cosmos
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Snack Girl to the Rescue!: A Real-Life Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Healthy with 100 Recipes Under 400 Calories - Removed
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Ancestral Landscapes in Human Evolution: Culture, Childrearing and Social Wellbeing
- 2017-02-08[PDF] Snack Girl to the Rescue!: A Real-Life Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Healthy with 100 Recipes Under 400 Calories - Removed
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Ancestral Landscapes in Human Evolution: Culture, Childrearing and Social Wellbeing
- 2017-01-05[PDF] Origins of Life, Second Edition: On Earth and in the Cosmos
- 2020-05-13Snack Girl to the Rescue!: A Real-Life Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Healthy with 100 Recipes Under 400 Calories - Removed
- 2020-05-01Make Your Own Lunch: How to Live an Epically Epic Life through Work, Travel, Wonder, and (Maybe) College
- 2019-07-15$(Top) - Why You Should Read All That Trash: The Story of the 1987 Garbage Barge and Our Problem with Stuff by Meghan Mccarthy Online or Download [PDF MOBI EPUB]
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Legal Practice and the Written Word in the Early Middle Ages: Frankish Formulae, c. 500-1000
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Advertising Cultures: Gender, Commerce, Creativity (Culture, Representation and Identity series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.