[PDF] The Substance of Representation: Congress, American Political Development, and Lawmaking (Princeton Studies in American Politics)
Posted on 2018-01-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John S. Lapinski | Publisher: Princeton University Press | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 192 | ISBN: 0691137811 | ISBN13: 9780691137810 |
Description: Lawmaking is crucial to American democracy because it completely defines and regulates the public life of the nation. Yet despite its importance, political scientists spend very little time studying the direct impact that the politics surrounding a particular issue has on lawmaking. The Substance of Representation draws on a vast range of historical and empirical data to better understand how lawmaking works across different policy areas. Specifically, John Lapinski introduces a theoretically grounded method for parsing policy issues into categories, and he shows how policymaking varies in predictable ways based on the specific issue area being addressed. Lapinski examines the ways in which key factors that influence policymaking matter for certain types of policy issues, and he includes an exhaustive look at how elite political polarization shifts across these areas. He considers how Congress behaves according to the policy issue at hand, and how particular areas such as war, sovereignty issues, and immigration reform change legislative performance. Relying on records of all Congressional votes since Reconstruction and analyzing voting patterns across policy areas from the late nineteenth to late twentieth centuries, Lapinski provides a comprehensive historical perspective on lawmaking in order to shed light on current practices. Giving a clear picture of Congressional behavior in the policymaking process over time, The Substance of Representation provides insights into the critical role of American lawmaking.
The Substance of Representation: Congress, American Political Development, and Lawmaking (Princeton Studies in American Politics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34992
- 2014-02-21The Substance of Representation: Congress, American Political Development, and Lawmaking
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The House of Truth: A Washington Political Salon and the Foundations of American Liberalism
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Broken Branch: How Congress Is Failing America and How to Get It Back on Track (Institutions of American Democracy Series)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] The Language of Liberty 1660-1832: Political Discourse and Social Dynamics in the Anglo-American World
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Broken Branch: How Congress Is Failing America and How to Get It Back on Track (Institutions of American Democracy Series)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Legitimacy Puzzle in Latin America: Political Support and Democracy in Eight Nations
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Gendered Effects of Electoral Institutions: Political Engagement and Participation (Comparative Politics)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Entangled Histories of the Balkans - Volume Two: Transfers of Political Ideologies and Institutions (Balkan Studies Library) - Removed
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Gendered Effects of Electoral Institutions: Political Engagement and Participation (Comparative Politics)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The New Democratic Federalism for Europe: Functional, Overlapping, and Competing Jurisdictions (Studies in Fiscal Federalism and State-Local Finance)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Social Economics of Jean-Baptiste Say: Markets and Virtue (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Analytic Turn: Analysis in Early Analytic Philosophy and Phenomenology (Routledge Studies in Twentieth Century Philosophy)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Tagore-Gandhi Debate on Matters of Truth and Untruth (Sophia Studies in Cross-cultural Philosophy of Traditions and Cultures) - Removed
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Neuregulin-I/ErbB Signaling System in Development and Disease (Advances in Anatomy, Embryology and Cell Biology) - Removed
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Evolutionary Biology of Human Body Fatness: Thrift and Control (Cambridge Studies in Biological and Evolutionary Anthropology)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Barbarian North in Medieval Imagination: Ethnicity, Legend, and Literature (Routledge Studies in Medieval Religion and Culture)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The Feeling of Meaninglessness. A Challenge to Psychotherapy and Philosophy (Marquette Studies in Philosophy)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] The U.S. Domestic Intelligence Enterprise: History, Development, and Operations
- 2017-10-20[PDF] The Econometrics of Panel Data: Handbook of Theory and Applications (Advanced Studies in Theoretical and Applied Econometrics) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.