Posted on 2018-01-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Edward A. Spiegel | Category: Physics | Language: English | Page: 164 | ISBN: 9400701160 | ISBN13: 9789400701168 |
Description: In January 1937, Nobel laureate in Physics Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar was recruited to the University of Chicago. He was to remain there for his entire career, becoming Morton D. Hull Distinguished Service Professor of Theoretical Astrophysics in 1952 and attaining emeritus status in 1985. This is where his then student Ed Spiegel met him during the summer of 1954, attended his lectures on turbulence and jotted down the notes in hand. His lectures had a twofold purpose: they not only provided a very elementary introduction to some aspects of the subject for novices, they also allowed Chandra to organize his thoughts in preparation to formulating his attack on the statistical problem of homogeneous turbulence. After each lecture Ed Spiegel transcribed the notes and filled in the details of the derivations that Chandrasekhar had not included, trying to preserve the spirit of his presentation and even adding some of his side remarks. The lectures were rather impromptu and the notes as presented here are as they were set down originally in 1954. Now they are being made generally available for Chandrasekharâ€™s centennial.
The Theory of Turbulence: Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar's 1954 Lectures.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34963
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Theory of Turbulence: Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar's 1954 Lectures
- 2017-04-03The Theory of Turbulence Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar's 1954 Lectures - Removed
- 2014-03-09The Theory of Turbulence: Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar's 1954 Lectures - Removed
- 2011-11-13The Theory of Turbulence: Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar's 1954 Lectures
- 2010-12-01The Theory of Turbulence: Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar's 1954 Lectures(Lecture Notes V.810)
- 2010-11-01The Theory of Turbulence: Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar's 1954 Lectures (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2012-03-04| Peter Grant, "The Business of Giving: The Theory and Practice of Philanthropy, Grantmaking and Social Investment" - Removed
- 2011-12-31The Theory of Permutable Functions by Vito Volterra
- 2011-09-11"The Theory of Permutable Functions" by Vito Volterra
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Theory of the Top. Volume IV: Technical Applications of the Theory of the Top
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Theory of Economic Development: An Inquiry into Profits, Capital, Credit, Interest, and the Business Cycle (Social Science Classics Series)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Theory of Dispersion Models (Chapman & Hall/CRC Monographs on Statistics & Applied Probability)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Theory of Externalities and Public Goods: Essays in Memory of Richard C. Cornes
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Theory of Logical Types [Monographs in Modern Logic Series]
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Theory and Practice of Change Management
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Theory of Evolution
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Theory of Mixed Oligopoly: Privatization, Transboundary Activities, and Their Applications (New Frontiers in Regional Science: Asian Perspectives)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Theory and Practice of Ontology
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Theory of Quark and Gluon Interactions (Theoretical and Mathematical Physics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.