Posted on 2017-11-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Tom Beghin | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 368 | ISBN: 022615677X | ISBN13: 9780226156774 |
Description: Haydnâ€™s music has been performed continuously for more than two hundred years. But what do we play, and what do we listen to, when it comes to Haydn? Can we still appreciate the rich rhetorical nuances of this music, which from its earliest days was meant to be played by professionals and amateurs alike? With The Virtual Haydn, Tom Beghinâ€”himself a professional keyboard playerâ€”delves deeply into eighteenth-century history and musicology to help us hear a properly complex Haydn. Unusually for a scholarly work, the book is presented in the first person, as Beghin takes us on what is clearly a very personal journey into the past. When a discussion of a group of Viennese sonatas, for example, leads him into an analysis of the contemporary interest in physiognomy, Beghin applies what he learns about the role of facial expressions during his own performance of the music. Elsewhere, he analyzes gesture and gender, changes in keyboard technology, and the role of amateurs in eighteenth-century musical culture. The resulting book is itself a fascinating, bravura performance, one that partakes of eighteenth-century idiosyncrasy while drawing on a panoply of twenty-first-century knowledge.
The Virtual Haydn: Paradox of a Twenty-First-Century Keyboardist.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33792
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Virtual Haydn: Paradox of a Twenty-First-Century Keyboardist
- 2019-03-26The Virtual Haydn Paradox of a Twenty-First-Century Keyboardist
- 2022-01-15The Franco-Algerian War through a Twenty-First Century Lens Film and History
- 2020-11-27The Palgrave Handbook of Twentieth and Twenty-First Century Literature and Science
- 2018-09-23The Future of Us What the Dreams of Children Mean for Twenty-First-Century America
- 2018-08-31Saving the Security State Exceptional Citizens in Twenty-First-Century America
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Evangelicals, Worship and Participation: Taking a Twenty-first Century Reading (Liturgy, Worship and Society)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Diversity Paradox: Immigration and the Color Line in Twenty-First Century America
- 2020-12-10The Open Society Paradox Why the Twenty-First Century Calls for More Openness--Not Less
- 2019-07-25* (Admirable) - Why You Should Read This Is an Uprising: How Nonviolent Revolt Is Shaping the Twenty-First Century by Mark Engler Online or Download [*MOBI *PDF *EPUB]
- 2019-07-25* (Admirable) - Why You Should Read Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century by Jessica Bruder Online or Download [*MOBI *PDF *EPUB]
- 2018-02-26Higher Education Exchange between America and the Middle East in the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Collaborative Art in the Twenty-First Century (Routledge Advances in Art and Visual Studies)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] International Negotiation in the Twenty-First Century (UT Austin Studies in Foreign and Transnational Law)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Imperialism in the Twenty-First Century: Globalization, Super-Exploitation, and Capitalism's Final Crisis
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Transnationalism and German-Language Literature in the Twenty-First Century (Palgrave Studies in Modern European Literature) [German] - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Problem of Race in the Twenty-first Century (The Nathan I. Huggins Lectures)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Gordon File: A Screenwriter Recalls Twenty Years of FBI Surveillance
- 2018-01-31[PDF] On the Courthouse Lawn: Confronting the Legacy of Lynching in the Twenty-first Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.