Posted on 2018-01-18, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Daniel J. Levitin | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 368 | ISBN: 0525950737 | ISBN13: 9780525950738 |
Description: The author of the New York Times bestseller This Is Your Brain on Music reveals music's role in the evolution of human cultureâ€”and "will leave you awestruck" (The New York Times) Daniel J. Levitin's astounding debut bestseller, This Is Your Brain on Music, enthralled and delighted readers as it transformed our understanding of how music gets in our heads and stays there. Now in his second New York Times bestseller, his genius for combining science and art reveals how music shaped humanity across cultures and throughout history. Dr. Levitin identifies six fundamental song functions or typesâ€”friendship, joy, comfort, religion, knowledge, and loveâ€”then shows how each in its own way has enabled the social bonding necessary for human culture and society to evolve. He shows, in effect, how these "six songs" work in our brains to preserve the emotional history of our lives and species. Dr. Levitin combines cutting-edge scientific research from his music cognition lab at McGill University and work in an array of related fields his own sometimes hilarious experiences in the music business and illuminating interviews with musicians such as Sting and David Byrne, as well as conductors, anthropologists, and evolutionary biologists. The World in Six Songs is, ultimately, a revolution in our understanding of how human nature evolvedâ€”right up to the iPod.
The World in Six Songs: How the Musical Brain Created Human Nature.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35429
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Biological Roots of Human Nature: Forging Links between Evolution and Behavior
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Good Book of Human Nature: An Evolutionary Reading of the Bible
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Primate Origins of Human Nature (Foundation of Human Biology)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Social Evolution of Human Nature: From Biology to Language
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Great Brain Race: How Global Universities Are Reshaping the World
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Beaks, Bones, and Bird Songs: How the Struggle for Survival Has Shaped Birds and Their Behavior
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Exceptional Brain: And How It Changed the World
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Other Brain: From Dementia to Schizophrenia, How New Discoveries about the Brain Are Revolutionizing Medicine and Science
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Aesthetic Brain: How We Evolved to Desire Beauty and Enjoy Art
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The Altruistic Brain: How We Are Naturally Good
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Ravenous Brain: How the New Science of Consciousness Explains Our Insatiable Search for Meaning
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Hidden Brain: How Our Unconscious Minds Elect Presidents, Control Markets, Wage Wars, and Save Our Lives
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The Hidden Brain: How Our Unconscious Minds Elect Presidents, Control Markets, Wage Wars, and Save Our Lives [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Relativistic Brain: How it works and why it cannot be simulated by a Turing machine
- 2017-11-04[PDF] The Believing Brain: From Ghosts and Gods to Politics and Conspiracies -How We Construct Beliefs and Reinforce Them as Truths
- 2017-11-04[PDF] The Minder Brain: How Your Brain Keeps You Alive, Protects You from Danger, and Ensures that You Reproduce
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The Compassionate Brain: How Empathy Creates Intelligence
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Liberal Project and Human Rights: The Theory and Practice of a New World Order
- 2017-02-08[PDF] The Hidden Brain: How Our Unconscious Minds Elect Presidents, Control Markets, Wage Wars, and Save Our Lives
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.