Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Dr Axel Kleidon | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: Physics | Language: English | Page: 396 | ISBN: 1107029945 | ISBN13: 9781107029941 |
Description: Thermodynamics sets fundamental laws for all physical processes and is central to driving and maintaining planetary dynamics. But how do Earth system processes perform work, where do they derive energy from, and what are the limits? This accessible book describes how the laws of thermodynamics apply to Earth system processes, from solar radiation to motion, geochemical cycling and biotic activity. It presents a novel view of the thermodynamic Earth system explaining how it functions and evolves, how different forms of disequilibrium are being maintained, and how evolutionary trends can be interpreted as thermodynamic trends. It also offers an original perspective on human activity, formulating this in terms of a thermodynamic, Earth system process. This book uses simple conceptual models and basic mathematical treatments to illustrate the application of thermodynamics to Earth system processes, making it ideal for researchers and graduate students across a range of Earth and environmental science disciplines.
Thermodynamic Foundations of the Earth System.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35724
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Fire Phenomena and the Earth System: An Interdisciplinary Guide to Fire Science
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Fractal Behaviour of the Earth System - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Understanding the Earth System: Global Change Science for Application
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Remote Sensing Advances for Earth System Science: The ESA Changing Earth Science Network: Projects 2009-2011 (SpringerBriefs in Earth System Sciences) - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Earth System (3rd Edition)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Mineral Dust: A Key Player in the Earth System - Removed
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Ocean in the Earth System
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Facing the Anthropocene: Fossil Capitalism and the Crisis of the Earth System
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Introduction to Modern Fortran for the Earth System Sciences - Removed
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Energy Flows, Material Cycles and Global Development: A Process Engineering Approach to the Earth System (2nd edition) - Removed
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Observation of the Earth System from Space - Removed
- 2017-02-07[PDF] The Earth System (3rd Edition)
- 2020-10-08Energy Flows, Material Cycles and Global Development: A Process Engineering Approach to the Earth System
- 2020-04-10Dynamics of the Earth System: Evolution, Processes and Interactions: Contributions from Scientific Ocean Drilling (Society of Earth Scientists Series)
- 2019-01-15Data Assimilation for the Earth System - Removed
- 2019-01-11Data Assimilation for the Earth System
- 2019-01-06Data Assimilation for the Earth System
- 2018-11-08Understanding the Earth System: Global Change Science for Application
- 2018-09-26Introduction to Modern Fortran for the Earth System Sciences
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.