Posted on 2018-01-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: National Association of City Transportation Officials | Publisher: Island Press | Category: Architecture | Language: English | Page: 192 | ISBN: 1610914945 | ISBN13: 9781610914949 |
Description: The NACTO Urban Street Design Guide shows how streets of every size can be reimagined and reoriented to prioritize safe driving and transit, biking, walking, and public activity. Unlike older, more conservative engineering manuals, this design guide emphasizes the core principle that urban streets are public places and have a larger role to play in communities than solely being conduits for traffic. The well-illustrated guide offers blueprints of street design from multiple perspectives, from the birds eye view to granular details. Case studies from around the country clearly show how to implement best practices, as well as provide guidance for customizing design applications to a citys unique needs. Urban Street Design Guide outlines five goals and tenets of world-class street design: Streets are public spaces. Streets play a much larger role in the public life of cities and communities than just thoroughfares for traffic. Great streets are great for business. Well-designed streets generate higher revenues for businesses and higher values for homeowners. Design for safety. Traffic engineers can and should design streets where people walking, parking, shopping, bicycling, working, and driving can cross paths safely. Streets can be changed. Transportation engineers can work flexibly within the building envelope of a street. Many city streets were created in a different era and need to be reconfigured to meet new needs. Act now! Implement projects quickly using temporary materials to help inform public decision making. Elaborating on these fundamental principles, the guide offers substantive direction for cities seeking to improve street design to create more inclusive, multi-modal urban environments. It is an exceptional resource for redesigning streets to serve the needs of 21st century cities, whose residents and visitors demand a variety of transportation options, safer streets, and vibrant community life.
Urban Street Design Guide.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35263
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Transit Street Design Guide
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Global Street Design Guide
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Urban Bikeway Design Guide, Second Edition
- 2016-12-13Urban Street Design Guide
- 2014-01-28Urban Street Design Guide - eazydoc.com
- 2014-01-19Urban Street Design Guide
- 2019-03-01Global Street Design Guide
- 2019-02-18Global Street Design Guide
- 2018-12-28Transit Street Design Guide
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Urban Ethic: Design in the Contemporary City
- 2018-01-02[PDF] The Integrative Design Guide to Green Building: Redefining the Practice of Sustainability (Wiley Series in Sustainable Design)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Control System Design Guide, Fourth Edition: Using Your Computer to Understand and Diagnose Feedback Controllers
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Mould Design Guide
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Advanced Energy Design Guide for Small Office Buildings
- 2017-12-25[PDF] ASHRAE Laboratory Design Guide
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Mould Design Guide (Hard-Backed)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Electrical Installation Design Guide
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Substation Structure Design Guide: Asce Manuals and Reports on Engineering Practice No. 113 (Asce Manual and Reports on Engineering Practice)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] ADVANCED ENERGY DESIGN GUIDE FOR GROCERY STORES - 50% ENERGY SAVINGS
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.