[PDF] Walking the West Highland Way: Milngavie to Fort William Scottish Long Distance Route (UK long-distance trails series)
Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Terry Marsh | Category: Travel | Language: English | Page: 144 | ISBN: 185284857X | ISBN13: 9781852848576 |
Description: The perfect adventure for distance walkers keen to discover the wild beauty of western Scotland, this guidebook, which includes a convenient separate booklet of 1:25,000 OS maps, contains all the information needed to complete the West Highland Way, a 95-mile trek from Milngavie near Glasgow to Fort William. The official Scottish Long Distance Route, one of Scotland's Great Trails, is described in seven stages with suggested itineraries of 6, 8 and 9 days. Included with the guidebook is a handy pocket-sized 1:25K map booklet, providing all the mapping needed to complete the walk. Passing from the lowlands to the highlands, Scotland's West Highland Way showcases a real shift in character. The changing landscape from majestic moorland to sweeping farmland to the splendour of glens flanked by great mountains is one of the great delights of the Way. Listed by National Geographic as one of the world's top 10 best trails, the West Highland Way was the first European route to become part of the International Appalachian Trail (IAT), providing the core of the IAT-Scotland trail from the Mull of Galloway to Cape Wrath. Rich in history, much of the route pursues ancient drove roads or old military roads built to help surpress Jacobite clansmen. The guide includes a detailed route description for the classic 'south-north' route, as well as a summary description for those walking the trail in the opposite direction. Also included is information on the region's geology, geography, history, culture and cuisine, as well as a useful trek planner which highlights information about accommodation, facilities and public transport along the way. What's inside? 1:25K map booklet, providing all the mapping needed to complete the route handy practical hints to help plan and prepare points of interest along the way About the author Dr Terry Marsh is a Lancashire-based award-winning writer and photographer who specialises in the outdoors, the countryside, walking and travel worldwide. He has been writing books since the mid-1980s, and is the author of over 100 titles.
Walking the West Highland Way: Milngavie to Fort William Scottish Long Distance Route (UK long-distance trails series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35820
- 2017-03-25Walking the West Highland Way Milngavie to Fort William Scottish Long Distance Route
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Cooking the West African Way (Easy Menu Ethnic Cookbooks)
- 2016-12-03BBC The Adventure Show 2016 The West Highland Way Race 720p HDTV x264 AAC-MVGroup
- 2016-10-23BBC The Adventure Show 2016 The West Highland Way Race 720p HDTV x264 AAC-MVGroup
- 2016-10-05BBC The Adventure Show 2016 The West Highland Way Race 720p HDTV x264 AAC-MVGroup
- 2018-06-06Nathan Turner's I Love California Design and Entertaining the West Coast Way
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Walking The Himalayas
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Cooking the Middle Eastern Way: Culturally Authentic Foods Including Low-Fat and Vegetarian Recipes (Easy Menu Ethnic Cookbooks)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Hiking the West Coast of Vancouver Island
- 2018-01-22[PDF] PianoForAll The Ingenious New Way to Learn Piano and Keyboard Interactive Tutorial
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Walking the Tightrope: Solutions for Achieving Life Balance Without a Net
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Why the West is Best: A Muslim Apostate's Defense of Liberal Democracy
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Why the West Rules - For Now: The Patterns of History and What They Reveal About the Future
- 2018-01-15[PDF] IRAQ: The West Shakes Up The Middle East (History As It Happened)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Why the West Rules - for Now: The Patterns of History, and What They Reveal About the Future [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Walking the Victorian Streets: Women, Representation, and the City
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Cooking the Central American Way: Culturally Authentic Foods Including Low-Fat and Vegetarian Recipes
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Defending the West: The United States Air Force and European Security 1946-1998
- 2017-12-30[PDF] How the West Won: The Neglected Story of the Triumph of Modernity
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.