Posted on 2018-01-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Manjit S Kang | Category: Misc | Language: English | Page: 356 | ISBN: 0415572193 | ISBN13: 9780415572194 |
Description: While enhancing water-use efficiency (WUE) is a major goal in irrigated agriculture, drought management is the principal strategy to enhance production from rainfed agriculture. Management, conservation, and recycling are crucial to sustainable use of water resources in both irrigated and rainfed agriculture. The challenge of enhancing WUE is moreover confounded by the severe problem of water quality either because of high concentration of naturally occurring salts in the aquifer or due to pollution and contamination by urban, industrial, and other anthropogenic activities. This book covers the following aspects related to water management: 1. Use of water management strategies to achieve agricultural sustainability under the current scenario of water scarcity 2. Use of the four kinds of natural waters, i.e., rainwater, surface water, groundwater, and soil moisture (soil water) as well as irrigation drain water, municipal and industrial wastewater, to promote agricultural sustainability. How irrigation with groundwater polluted with arsenic and industrial water could lead to toxicity in crops, and how to avoid/prevent/phytoremediate this 3. Water management in different agroclimatic environments, with particular reference to dryland/rainfed agriculture 4. Biotechnological applications to develop crop varieties and agronomic practices that endow crops with drought tolerance and greater water-use efficiency. Intended for agricultural scientists, as well as graduate students in agronomy, soil science, agricultural engineering, and plant breeding/genetics/biotechnology.
Water and Agricultural Sustainability Strategies.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35756
- 2013-07-28Water and Agricultural Sustainability Strategies - Removed
- 2012-02-15ASME Steam Tables: Compact Edition (Crtd) - ASME Research And Technology Committee On Water And Steam In Thermal Systems Subcommittee On Propert
- 2012-01-03ASME Steam Tables: Compact Edition (Crtd) - ASME Research And Technology Committee On Water And Steam In Thermal Systems Subcommittee On Propert - Removed
- 2011-12-17ASME Steam Tables: Compact Edition (Crtd) - ASME Research And Technology Committee On Water And Steam In Thermal Systems Subcommittee On Propert - Removed
- 2019-09-26Role of Mulching in Pest Management and Agricultural Sustainability
- 2018-06-28Role of Rhizospheric Microbes in Soil Volume 1 Stress Management and Agricultural Sustainability
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Land and Disaster Management Strategies in Asia
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Water, Energy & Food Sustainability in the Middle East: The Sustainability Triangle
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Technology and Offshore Outsourcing Strategies - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Water and Environment in the Selenga-Baikal Basin: International Research Cooperation for an Ecoregion of Global Relevance (Earth View - Geography and Geoinformation)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Water and Los Angeles: A Tale of Three Rivers, 1900-1941
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Water and Wastewater Conveyance: Pumping, Hydraulics, Piping, and Valves
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Water and Wastewater Engineering
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Energy and Finance: Sustainability in the Energy Industry - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Water and Fire
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Textiles and Clothing Sustainability: Sustainable Fashion and Consumption (Textile Science and Clothing Technology) - Removed
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Water and Ice (Confronting Global Warming)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Food and Agricultural Wastewater Utilization and Treatment
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.