Posted on 2018-01-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jenni A. Stockan | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 270 | ISBN: 1107048338 | ISBN13: 9781107048331 |
Description: Wood ants play an ecologically dominant and conspicuous role in temperate boreal forests, making a keystone contribution to woodland ecosystem functions and processes. Wood ant taxonomy and global distributions set the scene for this text's exploration of wood ants as social insects, examining their flexible social structures, genetics, population ecology, and behaviour, from nest-mate recognition to task allocation. Wood ants' interactions with their environment and with other organisms are essential to their success: competition, predation and mutualism are described and analysed. Bringing together the expertise of ecological researchers and conservation practitioners, this book provides practical and theoretical advice about sampling and monitoring these insects, and outlines the requirements for effective conservation. This is an indispensable resource for wood ant researchers, entomologists, conservationists and ecological consultants, as well as anyone interested in social insects, keystone species and the management and conservation of forest ecosystems.
Wood Ant Ecology and Conservation (Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35464
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Wood Coatings: Theory and Practice
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Wood: Types, Properties, and Uses (Environmental Science, Engineering and Technology)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Wood Deterioration, Protection and Maintenance
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Wood, Concrete, Stone, and Steel: Minnesota's Historic Bridges
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Invertebrate Conservation and Agricultural Ecosystems (Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Risks and Decisions for Conservation and Environmental Management (Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Biodiversity in Environmental Assessment: Enhancing Ecosystem Services for Human Well-Being (Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Insect Species Conservation (Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation)
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Scaling in Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation
- 2020-02-07Habitat Suitability and Distribution Models: With Applications in R (Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation)
- 2018-09-12Habitat Suitability and Distribution Models: With Applications in R (Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] World Soil Erosion and Conservation (Cambridge Studies in Applied Ecology and Resource Management)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Mountain Goats: Ecology, Behavior, and Conservation of an Alpine Ungulate
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Polar Microbiology: The Ecology, Biodiversity and Bioremediation Potential of Microorganisms in Extremely Cold Environments
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Life on Earth: An Encyclopedia of Biodiversity, Ecology, and Evolution: Life on Earth [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Biodiversity, Ecology, and Evolution
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Urban Bird Ecology and Conservation (Studies in Avian Biology)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Marine Mammal Ecology and Conservation: A Handbook of Techniques (Techniques in Ecology & Conservation)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Seagrasses: Biology, Ecology and Conservation - Removed
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Bumblebees: Behaviour, Ecology, and Conservation
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.