Posted on 2007-10-26. By anonymous.
Peer-to-Peer Computing: Building Supercomputers with Web Technologies (Computer Communications and Networks)
Number Of Pages: 268
Publication Date: 2006-12-18
Sales Rank: 1665651
ISBN / ASIN: 1846283817
Client/Server architecture was first proposed in the late 1980s as an alternative to conventional mainframe systems. Mainframe processing quickly becomes a bottleneck in any information system, but client/server models shift the processing burden to the client computer. Through workload sharing, client/server systems can improve overall efficiency while reducing budgets.
Companies are again searching for ways to improve their processing power without further investment in new hardware and software. Many client computers are idle most of the time, and have unused disk space. The next logical step is to maximise the resources of these computers, and the peer-to-peer (P2P) model is the answer.
A new and simple peer-to-peer model will be introduced in this book. In it:
• Readers will be taught to install peer-to-peer systems which can then manage and distribute the processing power of any number of clients.
• The size of network can range from two to over a million computers.
• The software necessary to implement peer-to-peer systems quickly can be downloaded from the book¡¯s website at www.springer.com/1-84628-381-7/
The deployment of web technologies will enable individuals and organisations of all sizes to use computers across a network as though it were a single supercomputer to solve complex problems, and after reading this book, readers will be able to install a peer-to-peer system of any size.
Filetype: RARed PDF
Filesize: 5.172.393 Bytes
- Ebooks list page : 1358
- 2012-01-31Peer-to-Peer Computing: Building Supercomputers with Web Technologies (Repost)
- 2007-12-08Peer-to-Peer Computing: Building Supercomputers with Web Technologies
- 2007-11-22Peer-to-Peer Computing: Building Supercomputers with Web Technologies (Computer Communications and Networks)
- 2007-10-27Peer-to-Peer Computing: Building Supercomputers with Web Technologies
- 2016-06-07Learn Electron Build Desktop Apps with Web Technologies
- 2016-05-08Learn Electron Build Desktop Apps With Web Technologies
- 2007-05-27RSS and Atom in Action: Building Applications with Blog Technologies
- 2012-03-20Building an Ecommerce Web Site Using Dreamweaver with PHP - Removed
- 2020-07-29Building Machine Learning Web Apps with Python
- 2020-05-30Building Full Stack Web Applications With Go
- 2020-05-30Peer to Peer Computing
- 2020-05-12Agents and Peer-to-Peer Computing; Third International Workshop, AP2PC 2004, New York, NY, USA, July 19, 2004, Revised and Invited Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science (3601))
- 2020-04-01Building full-stack web applications with Go
- 2020-02-21Building Applications with Spring 5 and Vue.js 2: Build a modern, full-stack web application using Spring Boot and Vuex
- 2020-02-08Amazon Web Services for Mobile Developers: Building Apps with AWS
- 2019-12-15Hands-On Machine Learning with TensorFlow.js: A guide to building ML applications integrated with web technology using the TensorFlow.js library
- 2019-09-07Peer to Peer Computing: Applications, Architecture, Protocols, and Challenges
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.