Perspectives on Mathematical Practices: Bringing Together Philosophy of Mathematics, Sociology of Mathematics, Education
Posted on 2009-05-04. By anonymous.
Springer 2006 | ISBN: 140205033X | 241 pages | PDF | 5,8 MB
Philosophy of mathematics today has transformed into a very complex network of diverse ideas, viewpoints, and theories. Sometimes the emphasis is on the "classical" foundational work (often connected with the use of formal logical methods), sometimes on the sociological dimension of the mathematical research community and the "products" it produces, then again on the education of future mathematicians and the problem of how knowledge is or should be transmitted from one generation to the next.
The editors of this book felt the urge, first of all, to bring together the widest variety of authors from these different domains and, secondly, to show that this diversity does not exclude a sufficient number of common elements to be present. In the eyes of the editors, this book will be considered a success if it can convince its readers of the following: that it is warranted to dream of a realistic and full-fledged theory of mathematical practices, in the plural. If such a theory is possible, it would mean that a number of presently existing fierce oppositions between philosophers, sociologists, educators, and other parties involved, are in fact illusory.
Thanks to the original uploader!
- Ebooks list page : 2757
- 2009-12-28Perspectives on Mathematical Practices: Bringing Together Philosophy of...
- 2009-11-02Perspectives on Mathematical Practices: Bringing Together Philosophy, Sociology, Education (Repost)
- 2014-05-17New Perspectives on Mathematical Practices: Essays in Philosophy and History of Mathematics [Repost]
- 2013-11-21New Perspectives on Mathematical Practices: Essays in Philosophy and History of Mathematics (repost)
- 2010-04-12New Perspectives on Mathematical Practices: Essays in Philosophy and History of Mathematics, Brussels, Belgium, 26-28 March 2007
- 2009-06-13New Perspectives on Mathematical Practices
- 2020-05-18A Mathematical Prelude to the Philosophy of Mathematics
- 2017-11-14[PDF] A Mathematical Prelude to the Philosophy of Mathematics
- 2014-06-12A Mathematical Prelude to the Philosophy of Mathematics
- 2020-06-27Mathematical Modelling: From Theory to Practice (Mathematics Education)
- 2018-07-15The Philosophy of Mathematics Education Today
- 2018-07-09The Philosophy of Mathematics Education Today
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Sociology of Mathematics Education: Mathematical Myths / Pedagogic Texts (Studies in Mathematics Education)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Philosophy of Mathematics Education
- 2013-08-11Ernest P., The philosophy of mathematics education (Repost)
- 2011-09-07Mathematical Enculturation: A Cultural Perspective on Mathematics Education (Mathematics Education Library)
- 2020-05-22A Focus on Ratios and Proportions: Bringing Mathematics Education Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
- 2020-05-13Posing and Solving Mathematical Problems: Advances and New Perspectives (Research in Mathematics Education)
- 2020-04-22Handbook of Value: Perspectives from Economics, Neuroscience, Philosophy, Psychology and Sociology
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.