Posted on 2018-09-30, by manhneovn.
Depriving entire generations of their hopes for a better future, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has risen to become the world's most powerful international financial organization. Blackmailing countries and pillaging whole continents for almost seven decades now, its history resembles a modern-day crusade against the working people on five continents. In his highly compelling account, journalist Ernst Wolff specifies the dramatic consequences of the IMF's practice of loan sharking and implementing neoliberal austerity measures. While exacerbating poverty, increasing hunger, furthering the spread of diseases and fuelling armed conflicts on the one hand, the Fund's policies have on the other hand helped a tiny group of ultra-rich profiteers increase their vast fortunes to immeasurable dimensions - allegedly in the name of ensuring the stability of the global financial system. // Ernst Wolff, born in 1950, spent his early childhood in South East Asia, went to school in Germany and studied history and philosophy in the US. He has worked in various professions, including journalism, translating and screenwriting. The interrelation between economics and politics, a subject he has been working on for four decades, has become of paramount significance to him. "The financial crisis of 2008 and the euro crisis were mere precursors of an impending financial tsunami whose destructive power the IMF and its allies will most certainly use as a pretext for globally imposing measures the likes of which we cannot even vaguely imagine at present."
- Ebooks list page : 37269
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Liberal Leviathan: The Origins, Crisis, and Transformation of the American World Order (Princeton Studies in International History and Politics)
- 2023-01-26The Battle over Patents History and Politics of Innovation
- 2022-11-19Joshua Bloom, Waldo E Martin - Black against Empire- The History and Politics of the Black Panthe...
- 2022-08-23The History and Politics of Star Wars
- 2022-07-23Fascist Mythologies The History and Politics of Unreason in Borges, Freud, and Schmitt
- 2021-11-23In Search of Greater Syria: The History and Politics of the Syrian Social Nationalist Party
- 2021-09-21Scientific History Experiments in History and Politics from the Bolshevik Revolution to the End of the Cold War
- 2021-08-22Unsustainable The History and Politics of Green Energy - Removed
- 2021-08-20Imagining Afghanistan The History and Politics of Imperial Knowledge
- 2021-07-31The History and Politics of Public Radio - Removed
- 2021-04-01Inside Iran: The Real History and Politics of the Islamic Republic of Iran [AZW3/MOBI]
- 2021-03-10Africa since Decolonization: The History and Politics of a Diverse Continent
- 2021-02-11Africa since Decolonization: The History and Politics of a Diverse Continent
- 2021-01-23Africa since Decolonization The History and Politics of a Diverse Continent
- 2021-01-01The Violence of the Green Revolution Third World Agriculture, Ecology, and Politics (Culture Of The ...
- 2020-09-13Lizards of the World: Natural History and Taxon Accounts
- 2020-05-05The Radical Left Party Family in Western Europe, 1989-2015 (Routledge Studies in Radical History and Politics)
- 2019-12-24The Lesbian Revolution (Routledge Studies in Radical History and Politics) - Removed
- 2019-05-07Landscapes of the Islamic World Archaeology, History, and Ethnography
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.