Posted on 2018-10-12, by manhneovn.
In the first half of this book, Hugh S. Chandler updates the theory that rational creatures should be governed by «self love» and concludes that creatures that operate in this way should sometimes be quite nasty. Nevertheless, such creatures can be just as «rational» and «reasonable» as anyone. Ordinary reason or reasonableness do not demand genuine, full-scale, self-sacrificial virtue. In the second half of the book, the author adds a «conscience» to the creatures described in the earlier chapters. Given both a «conscience» and «self love,» he says, we have a basis for genuine morality. Presumably our «conscience» for the most part tells us what is truly, objectively, irreducibly right and wrong. Chandler argues that this traditional view of morality is still acceptable. The book is intended for use as a text in upper level courses and seminars in ethics, but it is also written for non-students who are interested in the subject.
- Ebooks list page : 37410
- 2012-01-11Thinkers and Theories in Ethics (The Britannica Guide to Ethics) - Brian Duignan
- 2011-12-05Thinkers and Theories in Ethics (The Britannica Guide to Ethics) - Brian Duignan
- 2011-11-27Thinkers and Theories in Ethics (The Britannica Guide to Ethics) - Brian Duignan
- 2011-11-25Thinkers and Theories in Ethics (The Britannica Guide to Ethics) - Brian Duignan
- 2011-11-10Thinkers and Theories in Ethics
- 2019-01-30Physics on the Fringe Smoke Rings, Circlons, and Alternative Theories of Everything [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-11Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Theories, Methods, Tools and Technologies
- 2019-01-06Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Theories, Methods, Tools and Technologies
- 2018-12-05Classical Mathematical Physics Dynamical Systems and Field Theories
- 2018-12-05The Encyclopedia of Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
- 2018-11-24Human Rights and Narrated Lives The Ethics of Recognition
- 2018-11-24Disasters Core Concepts and Ethical Theories
- 2018-11-20Fault Lines of Modernity The Fractures and Repairs of Religion, Ethics, and Literature
- 2018-11-01The Sublime in Kant and Beckett Aesthetic Judgement, Ethics and Literature
- 2018-11-01Language Processing with Perl and Prolog Theories, Implementation, and Application, Second Edition
- 2018-10-29The Fluid Dynamic Basis for Actuator Disc and Rotor Theories - Removed
- 2018-10-29Destination marketing and management theories and applications
- 2018-09-22Sedation, Suicide, and the Limits of Ethics
- 2018-09-08Language Processing with Perl and Prolog Theories, Implementation, and Application, Second Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.