Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2010-06-21. By anonymous.
Publisher: NLB | 1972 | ISBN 0902308351 | PDF | pages | 1.3 MB
The groundbreaking Marxist philosopher provides unique appraisals of major political theorists. In the first two essays of this book, Louis Althusser analyses the work of two of the greatest thinkers of the Enlightenment â€“ Montesquieu and Rousseau. He shows that although they made considerable advances towards establishing a science of politics, particularly in comparison with the theorists of natural law, they nevertheless remained the victims of the ideologies of their day and class. Montesquieu accepted as given the political notions current in French absolutism; Rousseau attempted to impose by moral conversion an already outdated mode of production. The third essay examines Marxâ€™s relationship to Hegel and elaborates on the discussions of this theme in Althusserâ€™s earlier books, For Marx and Lenin and Philosophy. Althusser argues that Marx was able to establish a theory of historical materialism and the possibility of a Marxist philosophy of dialectical materialism not simply by turning his back on Hegel, but by extracting and converting certain categories from Hegelâ€™s Logic and applying them to English political economy and French socialist political theory.
- Ebooks list page : 6170
- 2011-12-24Blood and Politics: The History of the White Nationalist Movement from the Margins to the Mainstream - Leonard Zeskind
- 2013-08-05Diverging Time: The Politics of Modernity in Kant, Hegel, and Marx
- 2013-06-20Diverging Time: The Politics of Modernity in Kant, Hegel, and Marx (repost)
- 2018-12-28Visualizing the Revolution Politics and Pictorial Arts in Late Eighteenth-Century France (Reaktion Books - Picturing History)
- 2018-12-09Teachers of the People Political Education in Rousseau, Hegel, Tocqueville, and Mill
- 2018-12-07Teachers of the People Political Education in Rousseau, Hegel, Tocqueville, and Mill
- 2018-11-21Teachers of the People Political Education in Rousseau, Hegel, Tocqueville, and Mill
- 2018-11-16Only in Australia The History, Politics, and Economics of Australian Exceptionalism
- 2018-11-15Only in Australia The History, Politics, and Economics of Australian Exceptionalism
- 2018-10-13Prisoners of the American Dream Politics and Economy in the History of the US Working Class
- 2018-08-13Garlic, an Edible Biography The History, Politics, and Mythology behind the World's Most Pungent Food
- 2018-05-10Peyote History, Tradition, Politics, and Conservation
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Rethinking the Soviet Experience: Politics and History Since 1917
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Israel: the First Hundred Years: Volume II: From War to Peace? (Israeli History, Politics and Society)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Jihad in Palestine: Political Islam and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (Israeli History, Politics and Society)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Popular Politics and the English Reformation (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Treason and the State: Law, Politics and Ideology in the English Civil War (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Hermeneutics, Politics, and the History of Religions: The Contested Legacies of Joachim Wach and Mircea Eliade
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Politics and History of Violence and Crime in Central America - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.