Posted on 2013-11-06. By anonymous.
Tamara McClintock Greenberg - Psychodynamic Perspectives on Aging and Illness
Published: 2009-06-29 | ISBN: 1441902856 | PDF | 150 pages | 3 MB
More than ever, the aging process is recognized as carrying a special set of emotional challengesâ€“especially when acute or chronic medical conditions are involved. In this light, Psychodynamic Perspectives on Aging and Illness presents a fresh, contemporary application of psychodynamic theory, addressing the complex issues surrounding declining health. Informed by the spectrum of psychodynamic thought from self, relational, and classical theories, this forward looking volume offers more modern interpretations of theory, and techniques for working with a growing, complicated, but surprisingly resilient population. It illuminates how to enhance the therapeutic relationship in key areas such as addressing body- and self-image issues, approach sensitive topics, and understand the disconnect that can occur between medical patients and the often impersonal, technology-driven health care system. At the same time, the author cogently argues for pluralism in a therapeutic approach that is frequently threatened by forces both within and outside the field. Among the topics covered:
Medical illness as trauma.
Idealization and the culture of medicine.
Normative and pathological narcissism in the ill and/or aging patient.
Noncompliant and self-destructive behaviors.
Transference and countertransference issues.
Psychotherapy with cognitively impaired adults.
Grief, loss, and hope.
Expanding on what we know and candid about what we donâ€™t, Psychodynamic Perspectives on Aging and Illness offers mental health researchers and practitioners an insightful framework for improving the lives of older patients.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 23689
- 2018-10-07Psychodynamic Perspectives on Aging and Illness
- 2009-06-18Psychodynamic Perspectives on Aging and Illness
- 2014-01-08Life-span Perspectives on Health and Illness (Repost)
- 2013-02-04Disability and Aging Discrimination: Perspectives in Law and Psychology [Repost]
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Life-span Perspectives on Health and Illness
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Global Aging: Comparative Perspectives on Aging and the Life Course
- 2014-04-27Innovation Systems in Small Catching-Up Economies: New Perspectives on Practice and Policy (Repost)
- 2014-03-23Sexual Disorders: Perspectives on Diagnosis and Treatment (repost)
- 2014-03-21Qualitative Research in Psychology: Expanding Perspectives in Methodology and Design [Repost]
- 2014-03-14Tanzanian Women in Their Own Words: Stories of Disability and Illness (repost)
- 2014-03-04The Development of Language: Functional Perspectives on Species And Individuals (repost)
- 2014-02-11New Perspectives on Games and Interaction (repost)
- 2013-12-18The Anthropology of Landscape: Perspectives on Place and Space (repost)
- 2013-11-30Neuropsychology of Children in Africa: Perspectives on Risk and Resilience [Repost]
- 2013-08-27Interactions Between Neurons and Glia in Aging and Disease [Repost]
- 2013-08-04Neuropsychology of Children in Africa: Perspectives on Risk and Resilience (Repost)
- 2013-07-07Communicating to Manage Health and Illness (repost)
- 2013-05-06Sexual Disorders: Perspectives on Diagnosis and Treatment [Repost]
- 2013-04-12Ana Cristina Rego, Interactions Between Neurons and Glia in Aging and Disease (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.