Posted on 2019-06-10, by perica123.
Quandles and Topological Pairs: Symmetry, Knots, and Cohomology By Takefumi Nosaka
English | PDF,EPUB | 2017 | 138 Pages | ISBN : 9811067929 | 6.4 MB
This book surveys quandle theory, starting from basic motivations and going on to introduce recent developments of quandles with topological applications and related topics. The book is written from topological aspects, but it illustrates how esteemed quandle theory is in mathematics, and it constitutes a crash course for studying quandles.
More precisely, this work emphasizes the fresh perspective that quandle theory can be useful for the study of low-dimensional topology (e.g., knot theory) and relative objects with symmetry. The direction of research is summarized as "We shall thoroughly (re)interpret the previous studies of relative symmetry in terms of the quandle". The perspectives contained herein can be summarized by the following topics. The first is on relative objects G/H, where G and H are groups, e.g., polyhedrons, reflection, and symmetric spaces. Next, central extensions of groups are discussed, e.g., spin structures, K2 groups, and some geometric anomalies. The third topic is a method to study relative information on a 3-dimensional manifold with a boundary, e.g., knot theory, relative cup products, and relative group cohomology.For applications in topology, it is shown that from the perspective that some existing results in topology can be recovered from some quandles, a method is provided to diagrammatically compute some "relative homology". (Such classes since have been considered to be uncomputable and speculative). Furthermore, the book provides a perspective that unifies some previous studies of quandles.The former part of the book explains motivations for studying quandles and discusses basic properties of quandles. The latter focuses on low-dimensional topology or knot theory. Finally, problems and possibilities for future developments of quandle theory are posed.
- Ebooks list page : 40636
- 2019-01-31Holomorphic Automorphic Forms and Cohomology
- 2019-01-24Holomorphic Automorphic Forms and Cohomology
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Algebraic Geometry 2 Sheaves and Cohomology (Translations of Mathematical Monographs) (Vol 2)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Representations and Cohomology,Vol.1
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Equivariant Ordinary Homology and Cohomology (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Algebraic Topology: Homology and Cohomology
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Quadratic Forms, Linear Algebraic Groups, and Cohomology (Developments in Mathematics) (English and French Edition) - Removed
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Mod Two Homology and Cohomology (Universitext)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Lie Groups, Lie Algebras, and Cohomology. (MN-34)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Connections, Curvature, and Cohomology. Vol. 2: Lie Groups, Principal Bundles, and Characteristic Classes (Pure and Applied Mathematics Series v. 47-II)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Connections, Curvature, and Cohomology. Vol. I: De Rham Cohomology of Manifolds and Vector Bundles (Pure and Applied Mathematics 47-I)
- 2017-09-21Period Functions for Maass Wave Forms and Cohomology
- 2017-01-03[PDF] Connections, Curvature, and Cohomology. Vol. 2: Lie Groups, Principal Bundles, and Characteristic Classes (Pure and Applied Mathematics Series v. 47-II)
- 2017-01-03[PDF] Connections, Curvature, and Cohomology. Vol. I: De Rham Cohomology of Manifolds and Vector Bundles (Pure and Applied Mathematics 47-I)
- 2014-04-09Quadratic Forms, Linear Algebraic Groups, and Cohomology (repost)
- 2014-02-23Algebraic topology: homology and cohomology
- 2013-06-23Lie Groups, Lie Algebras, and Cohomology (repost)
- 2013-02-10Quadratic Forms, Linear Algebraic Groups, and Cohomology [Repost]
- 2012-05-23Quadratic Forms, Linear Algebraic Groups, and Cohomology (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.