Posted on 2019-07-11, updated at 2019-11-26, by manhneovn.
English | ISBN: 3030234134 | 2019 | 189 pages | PDF | 10 MB
The respective chapters share highly novel methodological insights in order to guide the reader through the basics of intertextuality. In Part 1, "Theory", the theoretical aspects of intertextuality are introduced, leading to a discussion of how they can be embodied by quantitative methods. In Part 2, "Practice", specific quantitative methods are described to establish a set of automated procedures for the practice of quantitative intertextuality. Each chapter in Part 2 begins with a general introduction to a major concept (e.g., lexical matching, sound matching, semantic matching), followed by a case study (e.g., detecting allusions to a popular television show in tweets, quantifying sound reuse in Romantic poetry, identifying influences in fan faction by thematic matching), and finally the development of an algorithm that can be used to reveal parallels in the relevant contexts.
Because this book is intended as a "gentle" introduction, the emphasis is often on simple yet effective algorithms for a given matching task. A set of exercises is included at the end of each chapter, giving readers the chance to explore more cutting-edge solutions and novel aspects to the material at hand. Additionally, the book's companion website includes software (R and C++ library code) and all of the source data for the examples in the book, as well as supplemental content (slides, high-resolution images, additional results) that may prove helpful for exploring the different facets of quantitative intertextuality that are presented in each chapter.
Given its interdisciplinary nature, the book will appeal to a broad audience. From practitioners specializing in forensics to students of cultural studies, readers with diverse backgrounds (e.g., in the social sciences, natural language processing, or computer vision) will find valuable insights.
- Ebooks list page : 40858
- 2019-11-26Quantitative Intertextuality: Analyzing the Markers of Information Reuse
- 2011-11-25Information Technology for Counterterrorism: Immediate Actions and Future Possibilities - Committee On The Role Of Information Technology In Responding To Terrorism, National Research Counci
- 2011-11-05Preparing for the Revolution: Information Technology and the Future of the Research University
- 2011-08-23Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2019-07-01The Fitness of Information Quantitative Assessments of Critical Evidence
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Game Theory Topics: Incomplete Information, Repeated Games and N-Player Games (Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] The Fitness of Information: Quantitative Assessments of Critical Evidence
- 2016-07-04The Fitness of Information Quantitative Assessments of Critical Evidence
- 2011-11-17Information Technology for Counterterrorism: Immediate Actions and Future Possibilities
- 2011-11-02Knowledge and the Flow of Information (Bradford Books)
- 2011-10-21Scholarship in the Digital Age: Information, Infrastructure, and the Internet
- 2011-08-01Knowledge and the Flow of Information (Bradford Books)
- 2007-06-06Game Theory Topics: Incomplete Information, Repeated Games and N-Player Games (Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences
- 2020-06-27Cyber Threat: The Rise of Information Geopolitics in U.S. National Security (Praeger Security International)
- 2020-06-14The End of Ownership: Personal Property in the Digital Economy (Information Society Series)
- 2020-05-21Burnout vermeiden - Berufsfreude gewinnen: Praxisleitfaden zum Restart für Lehrer und pädagogische Fachkräfte (Quantitative Methods in the Hu)
- 2020-05-19Digital Methods and Remote Sensing in Archaeology: Archaeology in the Age of Sensing (Quantitative Methods in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- 2020-05-19Humanities Data in R: Exploring Networks, Geospatial Data, Images, and Text (Quantitative Methods in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- 2020-05-18Quantitative Psychology Research: The 78th Annual Meeting of the Psychometric Society (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.