Posted on 2017-09-17, by nokia241186.
Queen of Bebop: The Musical Lives of Sarah Vaughan [Audiobook] by Elaine M. Hayes
English | July 4, 2017 | ASIN: B071YPMVZ2, ISBN: 1538419033, 1538419017 | [emailÂ protected] kbps | 13 hours | 357 MB
Narrator: Allyson Johnson
Queen of Bebop brilliantly chronicles the life of jazz singer Sarah Vaughan, one of the most influential and innovative musicians of the 20th century and a pioneer of women's and civil rights.
Sarah Vaughan, a pivotal figure in the formation of bebop, influenced a broad array of singers who followed in her wake, yet the breadth and depth of her impact - not just as an artist but also as an African American woman - remain overlooked.
Drawing from a wealth of sources as well as on exclusive interviews with Vaughan's friends and former colleagues, Queen of Bebop unravels the many myths and misunderstandings that have surrounded Vaughan while offering insights into this notoriously private woman, her creative process, and, ultimately, her genius. Hayes deftly traces the influence that Vaughan's singing had on the perception and appreciation of vocalists - not to mention women - in jazz. She reveals how, in the late 1940s and early 1950s, Vaughan helped desegregate American airwaves, opening doors for future African American artists seeking mainstream success, while also setting the stage for the civil rights activism of the 1960s and 1970s. She follows Vaughan from her hometown of Newark, New Jersey, and her first performances at the Apollo to the Waldorf Astoria and on to the world stage, breathing life into a thrilling time in American music nearly lost to us today.
Equal parts biography, criticism, and good old-fashioned American success story, Queen of Bebop is the definitive biography of a hugely influential artist. This absorbing and sensitive treatment of a singular personality updates and corrects the historical record on Vaughan and elevates her status as a jazz great.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 31943
- 2012-05-13The Secret Lives of Pets
- 2019-01-14Ike's Mystery Man The Secret Lives of Robert Cutler [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-11Ike's Mystery Man The Secret Lives of Robert Cutler [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-27Ike's Mystery Man The Secret Lives of Robert Cutler [Audiobook]
- 2018-10-29Beyond Veiled Cliches The Real Lives of Arab Women [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley [Audiobook]
- 2013-02-22Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers (Audiobook) (Repost)
- 2011-05-24Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers (Audiobook)
- 2018-07-01The Many Lives of a Rajput Queen Heroic Pasts in India, c. 1500-1900
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Desert Queen : The Many Lives and Loves of Daisy Bates
- 2014-04-12Desert Queen: The Many Lives and Loves of Daisy Bates (Audiobook)
- 2013-05-10Queen-These are the Days of Our lives FullBandScore .pdf
- 2012-02-09The Demon's Surrender - Sarah Rees Brennan
- 2012-02-06AEthelstan: The First King of England (The English Monarchs Series) - Sarah Foot
- 2012-01-23The Birth of Venus - Sarah Dunant
- 2012-01-16The Demon's Surrender - Sarah Rees Brennan
- 2012-01-02The Birth of Venus - Sarah Dunant
- 2012-01-02Bebop (The Bird Sutra) - The Bird Sutra
- 2011-12-25The Birth of Venus - Sarah Dunant
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.