Posted on 2007-07-11, updated at 2008-08-30. By anonymous.
Questions to ask when selecting a mesothelioma attorney.
Selecting a Mesothelioma Attorney: Consumer Tips
These pages provide consumer tips for how to deal with the financial aspects of selecting a mesothelioma attorney. They do not provide any information regarding the medical aspects of this serious disease.
Since so much is at stake, selecting the right mesothelioma lawyer is very important. According the Wall Street Journal, lawyers say a typical mesothelioma award in a mesothelioma settlement is $1 million, and attorneys get 40% of this amount. If the case actually goes to trial, the average award was $6 million in 2001, which was triple the amount awarded just two years earlier.
So, mesothelioma attorneys are very eager to find mesothelioma patients. And it's vital that patients select the mesothelioma attorneys that are best for them.
A Brief Background on Your Legal Rights Regarding Mesothelioma
Companies that manufacture products that contain asbestos have known for over 60 years that asbestos can cause serious diseases.
Unfortunately, because many of these companies wanted to increase their profits, they kept this information quiet, thereby seriously endangering their workers.
There are now laws that help protect the workers who have been harmed by their exposure to these asbestos-related products.
However, since representing mesothelioma can be so profitable to attorneys, it is important that people who have mesothelioma be especially careful selecting attorneys who are really qualified to represent them. Therefore, we have created a list of...
Important Questions to Ask When Selecting a Mesothelioma Attorney
Question #1 to Ask When Selecting a Mesothelioma Attorney:
What is your personal experience in representing mesothelioma patients? Your goal is to find out how many cases the attorney has actually handled.
You also want to know: how many of these were settled, and how many of these went to trial? What were the results of each case?
You should ask the same questions about his or her law firm. You're goal is to find out about the firm -- is this an area the firm specializes in?
Question #2 to Ask When Selecting a Mesothelioma Attorney:
Next, you want to ask if the lawyer intends to actually handle your case him or herself. Many attorneys simply refer these cases to another law firm and receive part of the fee in exchange. This may not be in your best interest.
- Ebooks list page : 1091
- 2011-08-25Essential Questions to Ask When Buying a House in France: And How to Ask Them
- 2011-03-19Essential Questions to Ask When Buying a House in France
- 2011-03-01Essential Questions to Ask When Buying a House in France: And How to Ask Them
- 2009-04-14Ten Questions to Ask When Choosing a Financial Planner
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Essential Questions to Ask Yourself When Buying a House in France: And How to Ask Them
- 2019-09-1110 Questions To Ask Before Marriage
- 2019-07-2410 Questions to Ask Before Marriage
- 2019-07-1810 Questions to Ask Before Marriage
- 2019-05-31DK - Did You Know - Amazing Answers to the Questions You Ask
- 2019-01-31Am I Codependent Key Questions to Ask about Your Relationships
- 2019-01-27The Top 50 Questions Kids Ask (3rd through 5th Grade)
- 2019-01-23Am I Codependent Key Questions to Ask about Your Relationships
- 2019-01-09How To Start Your Own Business - 7 Hard Questions To Ask!
- 2018-11-22How To Start Your Own Business - 7 Hard Questions To Ask!
- 2018-11-21How To Start Your Own Business - 7 Hard Questions To Ask!
- 2018-11-13What Would a Wise Woman Do Questions to Ask Along the Way
- 2018-11-08Mind If I Order the Cheeseburger?: And Other Questions People Ask Vegans [Audiobook]
- 2018-11-07Mind If I Order the Cheeseburger And Other Questions People Ask Vegans [Audiobook]
- 2018-09-2596 Great Interview Questions to Ask Before You Hire, 3rd Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.