Posted on 2021-04-23, by nokia241186.
2013 | ISBN: 0817318011 | English | 248 pages | PDF | 2 MB
Race and Displacement captures a timely set of discussions about the roles of race in displacement, forced migrations, nation and nationhood, and the way continuous movements of people challenge fixed racial definitions.
The multifaceted approach of the essays in Race and Displacement allows for nuanced discussions of race and displacement in expansive ways, exploring those issues in transnational and global terms. The contributors not only raise questions about race and displacement as signifying tropes and lived experiences; they also offer compelling approaches to conversations about race, displacement, and migration both inside and outside the academy. Taken together, these essays become a case study in dialogues across disciplines, providing insight from scholars in diaspora studies, postcolonial studies, literary theory, race theory, gender studies, and migration studies.
The contributors to this volume use a variety of analytical and disciplinary methodologies to track multiple articulations of how race is encountered and defined. The book is divided by editors Maha Marouan and Merinda Simmons into four sections: "Race and Nation" considers the relationships between race and corporality in transnational histories of migration using literary and oral narratives. Essays in "Race and Place" explore the ways spatial mobility in the twentieth century influences and transforms notions of racial and cultural identity. Essays in "Race and Nationality" address race and its configuration in national policy, such as racial labeling, federal regulations, and immigration law. In the last section, "Race and the Imagination" contributors explore the role imaginative projections play in shaping understandings of race.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 47389
- 2020-05-11The Return of History: Conflict, Migration, and Geopolitics in the Twenty-First Century (CBC Massey Lectures)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Return of History: Conflict, Migration, and Geopolitics in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Digital Online Culture, Identity, and Schooling in the Twenty-First Century (New Frontiers in Education, Culture and Politics) - Removed
- 2009-08-02Israel and Palestine - Out of the Ashes: The Search for Jewish Identity in the Twenty-first Century
- 2021-12-30Writing Architectural History Evidence and Narrative in the Twenty-First Century
- 2021-09-04Eastern Christianity and Politics in the Twenty-First Century
- 2021-07-29Child Development and Education in the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2021-04-23Falsehood and Fallacy: How to Think, Read, and Write in the Twenty First Century
- 2020-11-23Environment, Power, and Society for the Twenty First Century: The Hierarchy of Energy [MOBI]
- 2020-01-03After Lacan: Literature, Theory and Psychoanalysis in the Twenty-First Century (After Series)
- 2019-12-28Democracy and Growth in the Twenty-first Century: The Diverging Cases of China and Italy
- 2019-11-27The Transition from Graduation to Work: Challenges and Strategies in the Twenty-First Century Asia Pacific and Beyond (Work, Organization, and Employment)
- 2019-11-23Child Development and Education in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-07-21The Death of Web 2.0 : Ethics, Connectivity and Recognition in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-05-21Democracy and Growth in the Twenty-first Century: The Diverging Cases of China and Italy
- 2019-01-31Learning and Teaching for the Twenty-First Century Festschrift for Professor Phillip Hughes - Removed
- 2019-01-25The Risk Society at War Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-01-15Environment, Power, and Society for the Twenty-First Century The Hierarchy of Energy
- 2019-01-14Learning and Teaching for the Twenty-First Century Festschrift for Professor Phillip Hughes
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.