Posted on 2018-05-13, by nokia241186.
Religion and Identity in Modern Russia : The Revival of Orthodoxy and Islam
by Marietta Stepaniants and Juliet Johnson
English | 2016 by Routledge | ISBN: 1138259055 | 164 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
Focusing on the roles of Russian Orthodoxy and Islam in constituting, challenging and changing national and ethnic identities in Russia, this study takes Tsarist and Soviet legacies into account, paying special attention to the evolution of the relationship between religious teachings and political institutions through the late 19th and 20th centuries. The volume explicitly discusses and compares the role of Russia's two major religions, Orthodoxy and Islam, in forging identity in the modern era and brings an innovative blend of sociological, historical, linguistic and geographic scholarship to the problem of post-Soviet Russian identity. This comprehensive volume is suitable for courses on post-Soviet politics, Russian studies, religion and political culture.
' this wide-ranging volume should be of keen interest to those working on the political dimensions of Russian Orthodoxy and Islam in post-Communist Russia and on their mutual interrelationship.' - Slavonic and East European Review
'This is a timely volume on the role of religion in contemporary Russia the volume presents a useful contribution to the ongoing debate on the role of religion and nationalism in transitional societies.' - Europe-Asia Studies
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36177
- 2011-08-23How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2017-11-29[PDF] State, Power and Community in Early Modern Russia: The Case of Kozlov, 1635-1649 - Removed
- 2010-01-30Pretenders and Popular Monarchism in Early Modern Russia: The False Tsars of the Time and Troubles
- 2018-11-23Doubting the Divine in Early Modern Europe The Revival of Momus, the Agnostic God
- 2012-02-14Venetians in Constantinople: Nation, Identity, and Coexistence in the Early Modern Mediterranean (The Johns Hopkins University Studies in Historical and Political Science) - Eric R Dursteler - Removed
- 2011-11-28How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2011-11-05Religion and the State in Russia and China: Suppression, Survival, and Revival
- 2020-05-05The Revival of Islam in the Balkans: From Identity to Religiosity (Islam and Nationalism)
- 2020-02-25Ismailism and Islam in Modern South Asia: Community and Identity in the Age of Religious Internationals
- 2020-02-25God's Red Son: The Ghost Dance Religion and the Making of Modern America
- 2019-06-25Mortal Thoughts Religion, Secularity, & Identity in Shakespeare and Early Modern Culture
- 2018-10-18Russia on the Eve of Modernity Popular Religion and Traditional Culture under the Last Tsars
- 2018-09-04Revolt Against the Modern World Politics, Religion, and Social Order in the Kali Yuga
- 2018-08-31Russia on the Eve of Modernity Popular Religion and Traditional Culture under the Last Tsars
- 2018-08-07A Bride for the Tsar Bride-shows and Marriage Politics in Early Modern Russia
- 2018-06-22Religion and Identity in the Post-911 Vampire God Is (Un)Dead
- 2018-06-11Religion and Identity in the Post-911 Vampire God Is (Un)Dead
- 2018-06-05Sacred Stories Religion and Spirituality in Modern Russia
- 2018-06-04New World A-Coming Black Religion and Racial Identity during the Great Migration
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.