Routledge Library Editions: The English Language: Cockney Past and Present: A Short History of the Dialect of London (Volume 5)
Posted on 2020-05-06, by books_lover.
Although Cockney can be considered to be one of the most important non-standard forms of English, there had been little to no scholarly attention on the dialect prior to William Matthews’s 1938 volume Cockney Past and Present. Matthews traced the course of the speech of London from the sixteenth century to the beginning of the twentieth century by gathering information from many sources including plays, novels, music-hall songs, the comments of critics and the speech and recollections of living Cockneys. This book will be of interest to students of language and linguistics.
- Ebooks list page : 43527
- 2018-07-22Cockney Past and Present A Short History of the Dialect of London
- 2018-06-12Cockney Past and Present A Short History of the Dialect of London
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Pronouns and Word Order in Old English: With Particular Reference to the Indefinite Pronoun Man (Routledge Library Editions: The English Language) (Volume 18)
- 2020-03-24Early Middle English Literature (Routledge Library Editions: The Medieval World)
- 2020-01-03Routledge Library Editions: Japanese Linguistics: Language and the Modern State: The Reform of Written Japanese (Volume 1)
- 2020-04-07From Roman Empire to Renaissance Europe (Routledge Library Editions: The Medieval World)
- 2020-03-20John Wheatley, Catholic Socialism, and Irish Labour in the West of Scotland, 1906-1924 (Routledge Library Editions: The Labour Movement)
- 2018-11-14Oman and Muscat An Early Modern History (Routledge Library Editions The Gulf Book 12)
- 2020-03-13Ideas of Contract in English Political Thought in the Age of John Locke (Routledge Library Editions: 17th Century Philosophy)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Arabic Language Today (Routledge Library Editions: Language & Literature of the Middle East)
- 2020-04-04The Student Experience of Higher Education (Routledge Library Editions: Higher Education)
- 2020-03-16The Cultural Roots of National Socialism (Routledge Library Editions: German History, Band 37)
- 2020-02-27Problems and Methods in the History of Medicine (Routledge Library Editions: History of Medicine)
- 2019-12-31Routledge Library Editions: Translation: Redefining Translation: The Variational Approach (Volume 1)
- 2019-12-31Routledge Library Editions: Sociolinguistics: Language and Situation: Language Varieties and their Social Contexts (Volume 5)
- 2019-12-17The Esoteric Scene, Cultic Milieu, and Occult Tarot (Routledge Library Editions: Occultism)
- 2019-05-10Routledge Library Editions James Joyce The Joyce Paradox Form and Freedom in his Fiction
- 2019-05-10Routledge Library Editions Archaeology Ancient Ireland A Study in the Lessons of Archaeology and
- 2019-03-28Routledge Library Editions Archaeology The Iron Age in Lowland Britain
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.