Posted on 2008-02-26. By anonymous.
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (officially titled the Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act of 2002), signed into law on 30 July 2002 by President Bush, is considered the most significant change to federal securities laws in the United States since the New Deal. It came in the wake of a series of corporate financial scandals, including those affecting Enron, Arthur Andersen, and WorldCom. The law is named after Senator Paul Sarbanes and Representative Michael G. Oxley. It was approved by the House by a vote of 423-3 and by the Senate 99-0.
This book illustrates the many Open Source cost-saving opportunities that public companies can explore in their IT enterprise to meet mandatory compliance requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley act. This book will also demonstrate by example and technical reference both the infrastructure components for Open Source that can be made compliant, and the Open Source tools that can aid in the journey of compliance. Although many books and reference material have been authored on the financial and business side of Sox compliance, very little material is available that directly address the information technology considerations, even less so on how Open Source fits into that discussion.
The format of the book will begin each chapter with the IT business and executive considerations of Open Source and SOX compliance. The remaining chapter verbiage will include specific examinations of Open Source applications and tools which relate to the given subject matter, and last a bootable ?live? CD will have fully configured running demonstrations of Open Source tools as a valuable technical reference for implementation of the concepts provided in the book
* Only book that shows companies how to use Open Source tools to achieve SOX compliance, which dramatically lowers the cost of using proprietary, commercial applications.
* Only SOX book with a bootable-Linux CD containing countless applications, forms, and checklists to assist companies in achieving SOX compliance.
* Only SOX compliance book specifically detailing steps to achieve SOX compliance for IT Professionals.
- Ebooks list page : 1594
- 2008-02-16Syngress Sarbanes Oxley IT Compliance Using Open Source Tools 2nd Edition Nov 2007 eBook-BBL
- 2012-05-09Christian Lahti, Roderick Peterson, "Sarbanes-Oxley IT Compliance Using COBIT and Open Source Tools"
- 2012-05-09Christian Lahti, Roderick Peterson, "Sarbanes-Oxley IT Compliance Using COBIT and Open Source Tools"(repost)
- 2007-07-07Sarbanes-Oxley IT Compliance Using COBIT and Open Source Tools
- 2007-07-06Sarbanes-Oxley IT Compliance Using COBIT and Open Source Tools by Christian Lahti
- 2007-05-27Sarbanes-Oxley IT Compliance Using COBIT and Open Source Tools
- 2019-07-06Computer Forensics & Investigation Using Open Source Tools
- 2019-04-12Computer Forensics & Investigation Using Open Source Tools
- 2019-04-12Computer Forensics & Investigation : Using Open Source Tools
- 2019-04-11Computer Forensics & Investigation Using Open Source Tools
- 2018-07-21Practical Data Analysis Using Open Source Tools & Techniques (Volume Book 1)
- 2018-07-18Practical Data Analysis: Using Open Source Tools & Techniques (Volume Book 1)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Research Workbench: Statistics Research Workbench using Open Source Tools
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Preparing CMS Web Graphics and Layouts Using Open Source Tools
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Text Mining and Visualization: Case Studies Using Open-Source Tools (Chapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series)
- 2017-06-13Research Workbench Statistical Research Workbench Using Open Source Tools
- 2017-05-28Research Workbench: Statistical Research Workbench Using Open Source Tools
- 2017-03-11Research Workbench Statistics Research Workbench using Open Source Tools
- 2014-05-09preparing cms web graphics and layouts using open source tools
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.