Posted on 2020-02-05, by books_lover.
This anthology contains fourteen intriguing stories by active research scientists and other writers trained in science. Science is at the heart of real science fiction, which is more than just westerns with ray guns or fantasy with spaceships. The people who do science and love science best are scientists. Scientists like Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke, and Fred Hoyle wrote some of the legendary tales of golden age science fiction. Today there is a new generation of scientists writing science fiction informed with the expertise of their fields, from astrophysics to computer science, biochemistry to rocket science, quantum physics to genetics, speculating about what is possible in our universe. Here lies the sense of wonder only science can deliver. All the stories in this volume are supplemented by afterwords commenting on the science underlying each story. Table of Contents: Introduction by Mike Brotherton "Down and Out" by Ken Wharton "Tree of Life" by Jennifer Rohn "
- Ebooks list page : 42648
- 2017-04-19Science Fiction by Scientists: An Anthology of Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume II: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume III: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume I: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2012-03-10The Golden Age of Science Fiction, Volume IV: An Anthology of 50 Short Stories
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Apocalyptic Fears VI: An Anthology of Short Stories (Apocalyptic Fears Series Book 6)
- 2017-01-20Ellery Queen's The Best of Suspense Anthology: 63 Short Stories of Mystery, Intrigue and Suspense
- 2012-01-19Security Operations Management, Second Edition - Robert McCrie Professor And Chair Law Police Science And Criminal Justice Administration John Jay
- 2012-01-09Security Operations Management, Second Edition - Robert McCrie Professor And Chair Law Police Science And Criminal Justice Administration John Jay
- 2011-11-04Research Opportunities in Corrosion Science and Engineering
- 2011-10-30Research Opportunities in Corrosion Science and Engineering
- 2011-10-14Dreams, Visions and Realities: An anthology of short stories by turn-of-the-century women writers (Late Victorian & Early Modernist Women Writer)
- 2011-10-08An Assessment of Naval Hydromechanics Science and Technology (Compass Series)
- 2011-10-04Science and Technology for Army Homeland Security: Report 1
- 2011-09-30Earth Materials and Health: Research Priorities for Earth Science and Public Health
- 2011-09-22Numerical data and functional relationships in science and technology: Ternary alloy systems. Iron systems
- 2011-09-11Basic Research in Information Science and Technology for Air Force Needs
- 2011-09-08Science and Technology in Kazakhstan: Current Status and Future Prospects
- 2011-09-01The Fundamental Role of Science and Technology in International Development
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.