Format: read online!
Posted on 2007-05-18, updated at 2007-05-27. By anonymous.
Do you work in a corporate environment where you don't appreciate your co-workers or boss having access to your comp and private files when you are not around?
You can provide added level of security to your WINDOWS XP System. This is called securing your Windows XP accounts database. You can store all information related to your accounts in a encrypted form on a floppy disk. What this would do is that if You do not have access to your floppy disk, You can not access the system. I am not sure You realized what I just said ! Even if You know your userid/password, You will not be able to access the system unless and until You have this startup disk.
The process of generating this secure startup floppy disk is simple. Go to START-RUN and type syskey. You will see a window come up. Click on Upgrade command button. You would see another window popping up which will give You the option of storing the encrypted accounts database either locally or on your floppy disk. Choose floppy disk and click OK and let the process complete. You are done.
Next time You reboot the computer and get to the logon prompt, make sure that You have the floppy disk available in A: drive else You can not log on.
- Ebooks list page : 128
- 2018-07-14Windows 2012 Server Network Security - Securing your Windows Network Systems and Infrastructure
- 2014-04-23Windows 2012 Server Network Security: Securing Your Windows Network Systems and Infrastructure (Repost)
- 2014-04-20Windows 2012 Server Network Security: Securing Your Windows Network Systems and Infrastructure (Repost)
- 2013-11-10Windows 2012 Server Network Security - Securing Your Windows Network Systems and Infrastructure
- 2013-11-01Windows 2012 Server Network Security: Securing Your Windows Network Systems and Infrastructure
- 2011-12-28DOWNEA - Windows 7 Tweaks: A Comprehensive Guide on Customizing, Increasing Performance, and Securing Microsoft Windows 7 Publisher: Wil?y | 2009 | ISBN: 0470525916 | PDF | 408 pages | 7.81 Mb Your Windows. - Removed
- 2009-02-26Anatomy of a Business Plan: The Step-by-Step Guide to Building a Business and Securing Your Company's Future
- 2020-06-29Windows 10 User Guide to Unlock the True Potential of your Windows Operating Syste...
- 2020-06-23Windows 10 - 2020 User Guide to Unlock the True Potential of your Windows Operatin...
- 2020-06-19Securing Your Communications With Ssh 2Fa And Gpg Bsides Jax 2019
- 2020-06-05Securing Your Api Endpoints Codemash
- 2020-06-02Automate And Manage Your Windows Server Environment Using Azure Management Services
- 2020-06-01Learn And Program Arduino With Your Mobile Without Computer
- 2020-05-15Udemy com Build Your Own Super Computer with Raspberry Pis-BooKWoRM
- 2020-05-11Understanding SSL: Securing Your Website Traffic
- 2020-04-16Learn and Program Arduino with Your Mobile Without Computer
- 2020-04-12Learn and Program Arduino with Your Mobile Without Computer
- 2020-04-11Packt Securing Your AI and Machine Learning Systems
- 2020-04-03Windows 10: 2020 User Guide to Unlock the True Potential of your Windows Operating System with 33 Latest Tips & Tricks
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.