Posted on 2018-11-19, by phaelx
Author: Carol C. Baskin, Jerry M. Baskin
Size: 36 MB
The new edition of Seeds contains new information on many topics discussed in the first edition, such as fruit/seed heteromorphism, breaking of physical dormancy and effects of inbreeding depression on germination. New topics have been added to each chapter, including dichotomous keys to types of seeds and kinds of dormancy; a hierarchical dormancy classification system; role of seed banks in restoration of plant communities; and seed germination in relation to parental effects, pollen competition, local adaption, climate change and karrikinolide in smoke from burning plants. The database for the world biogeography of seed dormancy has been expanded from 3,580 to about 13,600 species. New insights are presented on seed dormancy and germination ecology of species with specialized life cycles or habitat requirements such as orchids, parasitic, aquatics and halophytes. Information from various fields of science has been combined with seed dormancy data to increase our understanding of the evolutionary/phylogenetic origins and relationships of the various kinds of seed dormancy (and nondormancy) and the conditions under which each may have evolved. This comprehensive synthesis of information on the ecology, biogeography and evolution of seeds provides a thorough overview of whole-seed biology that will facilitate and help focus research efforts. Most wide-ranging and thorough account of whole-seed dormancy availableContains information on dormancy and germination of more than 14,000 species from all the continents â€“ even the two angiosperm species native to the Antarctica continent Includes a taxonomic index so researchers can quickly find information on their study organism(s) andProvides a dichotomous key for the kinds of seed dormancyTopics range from fossil evidence of seed dormancy to molecular biology of seed dormancyMuch attention is given to the evolution of kinds of seed dormancyIncludes chapters on the basics of how to do seed dormancy studies; on special groups of plants, for example orchids, parasites, aquatics, halophytes; and one chapter devoted to soil seed banksContains a revised, up-dated classification scheme of seed dormancy, including a formula for each kind of dormancyDetailed attention is given to physiological dormancy, the most common kind of dormancy on earth
Kindle eBooks >> Nonfiction >> Science >> Biological Sciences >> Biology >> Developmental BiologyKindle eBooks >> Nonfiction >> Science >> Biological Sciences >> BotanyKindle eBooks >> Nonfiction >> Science >> Biological Sciences >> Ecology
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
Seeds: Ecology, Biogeography, and, Evolution of Dormancy and Germination, 2nd Edition
Download this book
No active download links here?
Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 37788
- 2008-08-17[request]Seeds: Ecology, Biogeography, and Evolution of Dormancy and Germination
- 2014-04-02Seeds: Ecology, Biogeography, and, Evolution of Dormancy and Germination (Repost)
- 2013-11-07Seeds: Ecology, Biogeography, and, Evolution of Dormancy and Germination
- 2009-11-08Wildlife Ecology, Conservation and Management, 2nd Edition
- 2014-03-15Seeds, Second Edition: Ecology, Biogeography, and, Evolution of Dormancy and Germination
- 2014-01-20An Introduction to Mathematical Models in Ecology and Evolution: Time and Space, (2nd Edition) (Repost)
- 2013-12-03[request]Investment Banking: Valuation, Leveraged Buyouts, and Mergers and Acquisitions, 2nd Edition
- 2012-04-02Schaum's Outline for Intermediate Accounting I and II 2nd Edition - Removed
- 2011-11-18Elliptic Curves: Number Theory and Cryptography (2nd Edition) - Removed
- 2011-09-06Statistics for Environmental Science and Management, 2nd Edition
- 2011-06-09What Counts: Social Accounting for Nonprofits and Cooperatives, 2nd Edition
- 2010-11-23Handbook of powder science and technology, 2nd edition
- 2007-11-29[request]Water Treatment: Principles and Design, 2nd Edition
- 2019-04-09Learning Landscape Ecology: A Practical Guide to Concepts and Techniques, 2nd Edition - Removed
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Landscape Ecology in Theory and Practice 2015: Pattern and Process (2nd edition)
- 2016-12-03Dog Behaviour, Evolution, and Cognition, 2nd Edition
- 2016-10-24Bumblebees Behaviour, Ecology, and Conservation, 2nd Edition
- 2014-05-29Stellar Physics: 2: Stellar Evolution and Stability, 2nd edition - Removed
- 2014-05-21Stellar Physics: 2: Stellar Evolution and Stability, 2nd edition - Removed
No comments for "Seeds: Ecology, Biogeography, and, Evolution of Dormancy and Germination, 2nd Edition".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.