Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2010-11-28. By anonymous.
Publisher: Ca-dge U-sity Pr-s | 2010 | ISBN: 0521196582 | PDF | 234 pages | 1.4 MB
Silence lies between forgetting and remembering. This book explores how different societies have constructed silences to enable men and women to survive and make sense of the catastrophic consequences of armed conflict. Using a range of disciplinary approaches, it examines the silences that have followed violence in twentieth-century Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. These essays show that silence is a powerful language of remembrance and commemoration and a cultural practice with its own rules. This broad-ranging book discloses the universality of silence in the ways we think about war through examples ranging from the Spanish Civil War and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to the Armenian Genocide and South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Bringing together scholarship on varied practices in different cultures, this book breaks new ground in the vast literature on memory, and opens up new avenues of reflection and research on the lingering aftermath of war.
- Ebooks list page : 8627
- 2021-04-23From Memory to History: Television Versions of the Twentieth Century
- 2018-11-28Music and Social Movements Mobilizing Traditions in the Twentieth Century
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Out of Ashes: A New History of Europe in the Twentieth Century
- 2010-07-06Frontiers of History: Historical Inquiry in the Twentieth Century
- 2009-03-14A History of Argentina in the Twentieth Century
- 2012-05-19British Aircraft before the Great War (Schiffer Military History)
- 2012-05-19French Aeroplanes Before the Great War (Schiffer Military History)
- 2012-03-12Revolutions of 1848: A Social History By Priscilla Smith Robertson - Removed
- 2020-10-07China's Civil War: A Social History, 1945 1949
- 2019-01-31Silence A Social History of One of the Least Understood Elements of Our Lives [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-31Silence A Social History of One of the Least Understood Elements of Our Lives
- 2018-03-11Manliness and Militarism: Educating Young Boys in Ontario for War (Canadian Social History Series)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] War and Remembrance in the Twentieth Century (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare)
- 2022-03-22The Bathroom - A Social History of Cleanliness and the Body (History of Human Spaces)
- 2021-03-22Medieval England: A Social History and Archaeology from the Conquest to 1600 AD
- 2021-02-18Medieval England: A Social History and Archaeology from the Conquest to 1600 AD
- 2021-02-08Medieval England: A Social History and Archaeology from the Conquest to 1600 AD
- 2020-05-14Human Heredity in the Twentieth Century (Studies for the Society for the Social History of Medicine)
- 2019-01-15Shadows of War Violence, Power, and International Profiteering in the Twenty-First Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.