Shari Garmise - People And the Competitive Advantage of Place: Building a Workforce for the 21st Century
Tag: Business & Investing
Posted on 2009-04-10. By anonymous.
Building a Workforce for the 21st Century
M.E. Sharpe | 2005 | ISBN: 076561071X | Pages: 184 | PDF | 5.33 MB
In the new global economy, where rapid technological change is the norm, the skills of the workforce are a key to local economic vitality. This practical book shows how cities and regions can invest in their long-term prosperity by expanding opportunities to ensure that all citizens have competitive skills, and by aligning workforce development systems to existing and emerging industry needs. Clearly written, generously illustrated, with an effective blend of theory and practice, "People and the Competitive Advantage of Place" documents the challenges and opportunities involved in workforce development, effective approaches for resolving contemporary problems, what traps to avoid, and strategies for investing in the workforce of the future. The author integrates ideas and techniques from the fields of workforce development, economic development, and community development to present a comprehensive guide to approaching workforce needs from a city or region-wide perspective. Each chapter presents lessons from relevant research; experiences from private, public, and community-based approaches; and evaluations of what is working and why.
To see all of them use eBooks category.
If you enjoy my books look at my AvaxHome Blog
There is a growing number of phishing/spoofing rapidshare-similar mirrors in comments. Using it you run the risk of your rapidshare account being STOLEN.
Check them carefully before using, a proper RapidShare mirror has the following format:
A spoofing link is different e.g.
!!!NEVER EVER USE IT!!!
If you see such links, send a PM to staff immediately (nicks of the staff are here).
***Detailed information about Phishing can be found here***
- Ebooks list page : 2641
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2011-09-12Energy and Transportation: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-09-06Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-07-03A New Biology for the 21st Century
- 2011-09-05The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2018-04-12The 9 Types of Leadership Mastering the Art of People in the 21st Century Workplace
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Business Ethics and the 21st Century Organization
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Great Equal Society : Confucianism, China and the 21st Century
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Management by Permission: Managing People in the 21st Century (Management for Professionals)
- 2014-02-02Mathematics and the 21st Century: Proceedings of the International Conference (Repost)
- 2012-09-25The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2012-03-13Mathematics and the 21st Century: Proceedings of the International Conference
- 2011-12-28The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2012-05-18The Execution Premium: Linking Strategy to Operations for Competitive Advantage
- 2013-06-10The Collaboration Economy: How to Meet Business, Social, and Environmental Needs and Gain Competitive Advantage
- 2012-06-06It Never Snows In September: The German View Of Market-Garden And The Battle of Arnhem September 1944
- 2012-02-18Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2012-02-12Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- 2012-01-10BioWatch and Public Health Surveillance: Evaluating Systems for the Early Detection of Biological Threats: Abbreviated Version - Committee On Effectiveness Of National Biosurveillance Systems: BioWatch And The Public Health Syste
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.