Posted on 2019-10-17, by selverine.
A veteran activist's guide to direct action and strategic civil disobedience as the most radical and rapid means to social change
For decades, Lisa Fithian's work as an advocate for civil disobedience and nonviolent direct action has put her on the frontlines of change. Described by Mother Jones as "the nation's best-known protest consultant," Fithian has supported countless movements including the Battle of Seattle in 1999, rebuilding and defending communities following Hurricane Katrina, Occupy Wall Street, and the uprisings at Standing Rock and in Ferguson. For anyone who wants to become more active in resistance or is just feeling overwhelmed or hopeless, Shut It Down offers strategies and actions you can take right now to promote justice and incite change in your own community.
In Shut It Down Fithian shares historic, behind-the-scenes stories from some of the most important people-powered movements of the past several decades. She shows how movements that embrace direct action have always been, and continue to be, the most radical and rapid means for transforming the ills of our society. Shut It Down is filled with instructions and inspiration for how movements can evolve as the struggle for social justice continues in the Trump era and beyond.
While recognizing that electoral politics, legislation, and policy are all important pathways to change, Shut It Down argues that civil disobedience is not just one of the only actions that remains when all else fails, but a spiritual pursuit that protects our deepest selves and allows us to reclaim our humanity. Change can come, but only if we're open to creatively, lovingly, and strategically standing up, sometimes at great risk to ourselves, to protect what we love.
- Ebooks list page : 41553
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Pirateship Down: Stories from the World of the Sentinels of New Orleans
- 2019-03-16SKILLSHARE BREAKING DOWN AGILE STORIES FROM EPICS AGILE WAY OF REQUIREMENTS GATHERING-iLLiTERATE
- 2019-03-14Skillshare - BREAKING DOWN AGILE STORIES FROM EPICS AGILE WAY OF REQUIREMENTS GATHERING-i
- 2019-02-13skillshare - BREAKING DOWN AGILE STORIES FROM EPICS AGILE WAY OF REQUIREMENTS GATHERING-iLLiTERATE
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Woodstock Revisited: 50 Far Out, Groovy, Peace-Loving, Flashback-Inducing Stories From Those Who Were There
- 2013-04-08Woodstock Revisited: 50 Far Out, Groovy, Peace-Loving, Flashback-Inducing Stories From Those Who Were There
- 2019-11-15Imperiled Ocean: Human Stories from a Changing Sea
- 2019-11-07Stories from the Top The 8 Core Leadership Challenges and How the Best Executives Overcame Them
- 2019-10-26Bloc Life: Stories from the Lost World of Communism
- 2019-10-20Taste the Wild: Recipes And Stories From Canada 2019
- 2019-09-27Jim Marshall: Show Me the Picture: Images and Stories from a Photography Legend
- 2019-09-09Jim Marshall: Show Me the Picture: Images and Stories from a Photography Legend
- 2019-09-07Stories from the Pall Mall (1893 1914)
- 2019-08-27Unlikely Friendships 47 Remarkable Stories from the Animal Kingdom
- 2019-08-26The Seven Sisters of the Pleiades Stories from Around the World
- 2019-08-26Stories from the Top The 8 Core Leadership Challenges and How the Best Executives Overcame Them
- 2019-08-26Critical Science and stories from the brink of human life
- 2019-08-23Jim Marshall Show Me the Picture Images and Stories from a Photography Legend
- 2019-08-10Stories from the Pall Mall (1893-1914)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.