Posted on 2019-06-25, by voska89.
Isao Ishibashi, Hemanta Hazarika - Soil Mechanics Fundamentals and Applications (2nd edition)
Published: 2015-03-24 | ISBN: 1482250411, 113858133X | PDF | 432 pages | 7.16 MB
How Does Soil Behave and Why Does It Behave That Way?
Soil Mechanics Fundamentals and Applications, Second Edition effectively explores the nature of soil, explains the principles of soil mechanics, and examines soil as an engineering material. This latest edition includes all the fundamental concepts of soil mechanics, as well as an introduction to foundation engineering, including coverage of site exploration, shallow and deep foundation design, and slope stability. It presents the material in a systematic, step-by-step manner, and contains numerous problems, examples, and solutions.
New to the Second Edition:
The revised text expands the contents to include an introductory foundation engineering section to make the book cover the full range of geotechnical engineering. The book includes three new chapters: Site Exploration, Deep Foundations, and Slope Stability.
Provides an introductory chapter on soil mechanics
Explores the origin and description of soils and discusses soil shapes and gradations
Presents the unique characteristics of clays
Details soil classifications by the Unified Soil Classification System (also ASTM) and by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
Highlights laboratory and field compaction techniques, including field specification and density testing,, and the CBR (California Bearing Ratio) method
Discusses the flow of water through soils, defining hydraulic heads, as well as the two-dimensional flow net technique and a systematic approach to compute boundary water pressures
Examines the concept of effective stress and its applications to various soil mechanics problems
Explores stress increments in a soil mass due to various types of footing load on the ground
Presents Terzaghi's one-dimensional consolidation theory and its applications
Covers Mohr's circle from geotechnical perspectives with use of the pole, which is utilized in chapters relating to shear strength and lateral earth pressure
Addresses the shear strength of soils, failure criteria, and laboratory as well as field shear strength determination techniques
Evaluates at-rest earth pressure and the classic Rankine and Coulomb active and passive pressure theories and present critical review of those methods
Reviews introductory foundation engineering and site exploration
Describes the bearing capacity theory and, as an application, the shallow foundation design procedure
Covers deep and shallow foundation design procedures
Explains slope stability problems and remediation procedures, and more
Soil Mechanics Fundamentals and Applications, Second Edition is a concise and thorough text that explains soil's fundamental behavior and its applications to foundation designs and slope stability problems and incorporates basic engineering science knowledge with engineering practices and practical applications.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 40712
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Soil Mechanics Fundamentals and Applications, Second Edition
- 2020-02-26Fracture Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications, Fourth Edition Ed 4
- 2019-11-22Magnetic Materials; Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd Edition
- 2019-03-25Soil Mechanics Concepts and Applications, Third Edition
- 2019-03-21Soil Mechanics Concepts and Applications, Third Edition
- 2019-03-18Soil Mechanics Concepts and Applications, Third Edition
- 2019-03-06Soil Mechanics Concepts and Applications, Third Edition
- 2019-01-31Discrete Mechanics Concepts and Applications, 2nd edition
- 2019-01-24Discrete Mechanics Concepts and Applications, 2nd edition
- 2019-01-23Discrete Mechanics: Concepts and Applications, 2nd edition
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Fracture Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications, Fourth Edition
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Electronic Circuits: Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd Edition
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Fracture Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications, Third Edition
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Solar Cosmic Rays: Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd edition - Removed
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications (2nd Edition) - Removed
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Soil Mechanics: Concepts and Applications, Third Edition
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Soil Mechanics: Concepts and Applications, Second Edition
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Soil Mechanics: Concepts and Applications, Second Edition
- 2017-01-06[PDF] Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications (2nd Edition)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.